Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car insurance letter

Hello, I received this letter and I don't really understand it fully. Can someone put it in layman's term for me. Thank you.

Hello, I received this letter in the mail. I understand it to a certain extent but not fully. Can you please put it in laymen terms. Esurance is therefore handling this claim under a reservation of rights.

We are writing to inform you that we are unable to complete our investigation at this time because to date you have failed to cooperate with Esurance in the investigation of the above-referenced claim. No action taken to date, or any action this company will take in the future, to investigate, explore settlement, settle, make any payments, or defend a lawsuit arising out of this loss, nor any failure on our part to act, shall be construed a waiver of any rights under your policy. Furthermore, no action or inaction on Esurance's part shall be deemed an admission of coverage under your policy.

We are issuing this Reservation of Rights based on the following provisions contained in your policy:

PART E - DUTIES AFTER AN ACCIDENT OR LOSS
    We have no duty to provide coverage under this policy unless there has been full compliance with the following duties:
    A. We must be notified promptly of how, when and where the accident or loss happened. Notice should also include the names and addresses of any injured persons and of any witnesses.
    B. A person seeking any coverage must:
    1. Cooperate with us in the investigation, settlement or defense of any claim or suit.
    2. Promptly send us copies of any notices or legal papers received in connection with the accident or loss.
    3. Submit, as often as we reasonably require:
    a. To physical exams by physicians we select. We will pay for these exams.
    b. To examination under oath and subscribe the same.
    4. Authorize us to obtain:
    a. Medical reports; and
    b. Other pertinent records.
    5. Submit a proof of loss when required by us.

In light of the above, Esurance reserves its rights to: (1) conduct an investigation into the issues stated herein and explore any other issues which may arise during our investigation; (2) determine whether coverage will be afforded to you as a result of the subject loss; (3) amend our position regarding coverage as our investigation continues; (4) deny coverage for the subject loss under your policy; (5) withdraw from any defense provided to you should Esurance determine no coverage exists under your policy for the subject loss; and (6) seek reimbursement of any amounts paid under your policy whether in settlement, satisfaction of judgment, or for attorneys fees and costs.

This letter should not be deemed as a denial of coverage. We request your continued cooperation throughout the pendency of our investigation and claim handling process. If you are aware or become aware of any information which may affect our coverage decision, please notify this company immediately. We will make our final coverage decision as soon as possible, at which time you will be notified in writing. Please note that you have a right to retain personal counsel at your own expense to represent your interests with respect to this loss.

Can you please tell me what this mean?

Re: car insurance letter

It means they asked you for something and you did not give it to them, so therefore they are not paying the claim.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

The but that is the part I understand, it is this part that.....

PART E - DUTIES AFTER AN ACCIDENT OR LOSS
      We have no duty to provide coverage under this policy unless there has been full compliance with the following duties:
      A. We must be notified promptly of how, when and where the accident or loss happened. Notice should also include the names and addresses of any injured persons and of any witnesses.
      B. A person seeking any coverage must:
      1. Cooperate with us in the investigation, settlement or defense of any claim or suit.
      2. Promptly send us copies of any notices or legal papers received in connection with the accident or loss.
      3. Submit, as often as we reasonably require:
      a. To physical exams by physicians we select. We will pay for these exams.
      b. To examination under oath and subscribe the same.
      4. Authorize us to obtain:
      a. Medical reports; and
      b. Other pertinent records.
      5. Submit a proof of loss when required by us.

In light of the above, Esurance reserves its rights to: (1) conduct an investigation into the issues stated herein and explore any other issues which may arise during our investigation; (2) determine whether coverage will be afforded to you as a result of the subject loss; (3) amend our position regarding coverage as our investigation continues; (4) deny coverage for the subject loss under your policy; (5) withdraw from any defense provided to you should Esurance determine no coverage exists under your policy for the subject loss; and (6) seek reimbursement of any amounts paid under your policy whether in settlement, satisfaction of judgment, or for attorneys fees and costs.

This letter should not be deemed as a denial of coverage. We request your continued cooperation throughout the pendency of our investigation and claim handling process. If you are aware or become aware of any information which may affect our coverage decision, please notify this company immediately. We will make our final coverage decision as soon as possible, at which time you will be notified in writing. Please note that you have a right to retain personal counsel at your own expense to represent your interests with respect to this loss.

Comment

Nobody is going to rewrite that if that's what you're asking.

They feel you haven't fully cooperated after an accident you claimed. You didn't provide facts you know and they need.

If you refuse they will refuse to pay. End of story.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X