This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied permit to purchase - Minnesota

(Hopefully I have selected the correct forum. If not, please let me know where I can post instead!)
    Thank you in advance!

I'm a MN resident having a hard time obtaining a permit to purchase a firearm.

I'm a MN resident who moved from out of state about 6 six months ago (give or take).
    The local police chief is giving me a hard time obtaining a permit to purchase a firearm.

*** Remember! This is a permit to PURCHASE, not a concealed carry permit!

I have an absolutely clean criminal/mental record and have a MN drivers license with my current address.

In the first attempt to get a permit, the chief denied me on the basis that I was not an "established" resident because I was not on the house lease (it's owned by my wife, who had it before we met). He told me that I would instead have to wait a full year after the date that my drivers license was issued.

I offered to show him mail I get at the address, to have him come over and see my house, or any other documentation that would "prove" my residence at the address beyond having it on my drivers license. None of these were acceptable proof to him.

However, after telling him that I was getting married soon, he acquiesced that if I applied after the marriage that he would grant the permit. However, it's now past the 3rd week after my second application (22 days) and still no word.

The day of the first application was Oct 27 2009.

What can I do? What are my options?
    I would be willing to pursue anything that costs less (to me personally) than $1000.
    (So while I wouldn't sue outright on my own, a contingency fee basis suite would be great.)

Re: Denied permit to purchase - Minnesota

Double post. Please see...

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumciv...irearm-mn.html

Comment

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X