Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP! Subphoena for witness!!

Two years ago I was involved in an attack at a movie theatre where me and my friend were injured with knives! Since then I have moved on since day one never planning to go to court for it and just drop it! I got a call from the investagating officer a month ago saying I wouldnt have to go to court if I didnt chose to but then earlier today the prosecuting officer said that I would get a subphoena and have to go and if not a warrant would be issued for me!!! But she doesnt have my address and she says that if I dont give it to her she can file the sobphoena to my parents (who I dont live with and am 22 years old)

I really dont want to go for safety and personal issues!! Is this true or is she bull****ting me to try and get me to give in and go?? Am I required as a witness by law?? And if I dont give her my address can a sobpheona legally be given to my parents?? And if I do not recieve a sobphoena will a warrant be issued apon me not attending???

Thanks in advance for help!!!

Re: NEED HELP! Subphoena for witness!!

If you get a subpoena served on you, and don't attend then they can ask the court to order you to attend. If you dont, then the court can act and can even issue a warrant.

You may want to tell the DA you will not be a very good witness in your opinion.

Comment

to further elaborate: I am in the usa right now dealing with immigration stuff so I can stay with my husband and once i started I cant leave without a travel document! I could argue that I wouldnt be a good witness but I am one of the only witnesses and I was involved!!

My basic question is this lawyer bull****ting me by telling me I have to give her my address so a sobphoena can be served, and if not it will be served through my parents who I dont live with and I am an adult.....?

Comment

Re: NEED HELP! Subpoena for witness!!

You need not communicate--they must find and serve you.

Comment

What about this crap she is telling me that if I dont co-operate she will serve me through my parents??

Comment

Most courts will not accept that if you are not living there; tell them to send it back to the court.

Comment

Please, I need a little more help on what I should do!!!!! Can someone be more consise???

Comment

I wasnt sure where to put this thread, but Im trying to find some info on the rules of serving a subpoena. We just encountered something that I would assume is against the law in itself, but I need to prove it before I go forward. Thanks

Comment

Your local court has a copy of the local rules and state rules that govern it.

See also: http://www.worldlaw.eu/article/1948/Legal_Forms.html and subpoena forms etc

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X