USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I sue the post office for stopping my mail?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sue the post office for stopping my mail?

I would like to know if I can sue the post office for stopping my mail/packages just because someone from my apartment complex told them I do not live here anymore.

re: Can I sue the post office for stopping my mail?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would like to know if I can sue the post office for stopping my mail/packages just because someone from my apartment complex told them I do not live here anymore.
    No. But you can tell them to start delivering mail again. And you can speak with the apartment management to complain about the person who said you didn't live there aanymore.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

re: Can I sue the post office for stopping my mail?

how about for not stopping my mail for one week while on vacation? i filled out the form and instead of keeping the form on file they mailed it to me!!!

Comment

Re: Can I sue the post office for stopping my mail?

How about when they blocked my PO Box even though my box rent is paid through the end of next month?

When my Authorized Rep went over there, they told him, someone came in and "got into it" with the box clerk, so they closed my box! We had nothing to do with any confrontation, know nothing about it. The woman told my Rep that it was a way to get me to come in and talk to a window clerk -- that's coercion. This makes no sense. She wouldn't give him my mail either - seems to me that's tampering. So my mail is being held hostage by the Post Office. She wouldn't tell my Rep her name either.

Can I sue her or the Post Office?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          How about when they blocked my PO Box even though my box rent is paid through the end of next month?

When my Authorized Rep went over there, they told him, someone came in and "got into it" with the box clerk, so they closed my box! We had nothing to do with any confrontation, know nothing about it. The woman told my Rep that it was a way to get me to come in and talk to a window clerk -- that's coercion. This makes no sense. She wouldn't give him my mail either - seems to me that's tampering. So my mail is being held hostage by the Post Office. She wouldn't tell my Rep her name either.

Can I sue her or the Post Office?

Thanks
          You can pretty much sue anyone for anything these days. However you will not win. Go down to the Post Office and try to work it out.

Comment

You had better sue quick before the USPS goes completely broke!

Comment

If they are doing it intentionally then you can sue them for stopping their mails this is very hard to prove.

Comment

If one likes tilting at windmills, suing the USPO is a good exercise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X