Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liability for injury to party guests during and after the party

Am I or my sister legally responsible in Saskatchewan for any misfortune befalling guests at a party held on my sister's property by my daughter for some of her friends? She wants to have a weekend all-night party on my sister's acreage/farm and of course there will be alcohol involved. It may not be possible to contain some of her guests, who may choose to drive away intoxicated. If they are involved in an accident on the property or off the property on their way home, am I or my sister liable for damages? The guests will likely be 17-19 years of age but who knows, some of them may be younger...I don't know whether to give my permission for this event or not - do you have any advice from a legal point of view?

Re: Liability for injury to party guests during and after the party

Yes you can be held liable. You may want to review this with your insurer as well as a first step.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X