USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

serving summons?do you have to accept it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serving summons?do you have to accept it?

my wife and i bought a van 2 years ago in tenn. and never recieved a title or a way to register it in ky for new ky tags the car lot sold the account to a bank and said the bank had the title the bank said the lot had the title and back and forth so we got where we couldnt pay on it anymore so they repoed it my question is if they send somebody here with a summons to serve that isnt a law officer do we have to accept the summons or could we refuse and order them off our property?

You need not answer the door and/or can order them off the property.

Comment

They can't force me to open my door can they?

Comment

No--but they can then leave it at the door and report that you or somebody was in the home.
        And the judge might deem you to be served.
        That happened in my case.

Comment

They just stuck it in my door?
          Is that valid?

Comment

I threw it back in his face, that does that mean I accepted it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X