Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Joint Tenant - I hold stock in JT with ex-husband

I hold stock in JT with ex-husband. We agreed this was my stock (my employer) but never got around to getting him signed off as it didn't seem important at the time. It has been 6 years now and the dividends are reported under my social. I attempted to contact him but he moved. I have no phone, no email addy, no physical addy, no employer. I tried thru Intelius to find him and they could only dig up info from 3 years ago which is what I had provided them. How can I get him off this stock?? I'd like to liquidate but can't even do my portion since he's on it. Thanks.

You can get a court order removing him if need be, and you cannot locate him.

Comment

A follow up question

I hate to sound stupid but is this something I should retain an attorney for or find the forms and try to do it myself? If I need an attorney, what field of practice should I look for...business or family law? Thanks too for your response - it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

A business lawyer will usually best handle it. Try to get a fixed fee for a reasonable amount if possible.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X