Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Se Litigant (I am representing myself in a federal district court)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Se Litigant (I am representing myself in a federal district court)

I am representing myself in a federal district court. I could not find an attorney that would go against a municipality. I have a telephonic attorney conferance on the 18th of December, mandated by the Judge. Is this wise, or should I meet face to face with defendant's attorneys? Or, do I have a choice in the matter?
    Claude Kelley

The normally will be happy to meet in person, which is sometimes easier if you really do need to discuss certain issues.

Comment

pro se litigant

Is there a time limit on submitting new fact to a complaint filed in a district court?

Comment

The court will usually let you amend the complaint once or twice without any problem.

Comment

Pro Se litigant

Thanks

Comment

Pro Se Litigant

I am suing a county Sheriff's officeand have been told that there were fourteen lawsuits against them. Where can I find out how many lawsuits have been filed against them, how many were dropped and so on!But remember, this is Mississippi. the Backwoods Southern Justice Capitol of the world. Would appreciate any help.thanks

Comment

re: Pro Se Litigant (I am representing myself in a federal district court)

Suits are public documents and a search of the courthouse records will locate it. You may ask the clerk or hire a paralegal or lawyer to get them

Comment

LLC member as Pro Se Litigant

I am the sole member of LLC and want to appear pro se. I read a lot online and found that many states dont allow LLC member to appear pro se on behalf of the LLC, it will ahve to go for a counsel.
                Is there any way/ any arguments that I can appear pro se as the sole llc member?

THanks,
                N.

Comment

re: Pro Se Litigant (I am representing myself in a federal district court)

Ask the clerk if you can have the LLC do a power of attorney to you. Sometimes it will be allowed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X