USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judges's ruling: Can a judge's ruling in a civil case be appealed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judges's ruling: Can a judge's ruling in a civil case be appealed?

Can a judge's ruling in a civil case be appealed? Specifically, if I lost my civil case with the judge ruling against me and was ordered to pay XX amount of dollars to the other party, do I have the option to appeal the ruling or if not so, at least the amount of the judgement?
    Thank you.

(U.S. State of Oregon)

Yes--but you need to do so promptly in most cases.

Comment

Re: Judges's ruling: Can a judge's ruling in a civil case be appealed?

Yes, you have the right to appeal. You can file an appeal against an adverse judgment of the trial court in the court of appeals. For this you have to file a notice of appeal in the court of appeals within 30 days from the date the decision was entered in the trial court register. The time is of essence, you have to ensure that you have filed the notice of appeal within 30 days for claiming any relief from the appellate court with the prescribed fees for preferring an appeal. After filing the notice to the court of appeals, a copy of the notice and all attachments must be served to all the trial court parties concerned.

Comment

Re: Judges's ruling: Can a judge's ruling in a civil case be appealed?

You may also have to post a bond to appeal in some jurisdictions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X