Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney slept with my ex-wife

My attorney represented my wife in our divorce and 3 weeks after the divorce he slept with her.
    There is no dispute about the facts, but is that legal or ethical of the attorney? Could he be disciplined by the BAR for that?

Re: Attorney slept with my ex-wife

Originally posted by Tofu2 View Post
    My attorney represented my wife in our divorce
    Well, obviously, he wasn't your attorney any more.

3 weeks after the divorce he slept with her.
    There is no dispute about the facts, but is that legal or ethical of the attorney?
    The attorney/client relationship was over when the divorce was final so I doubt that anything illegal or unethical happened.

Could he be disciplined by the BAR for that?
    Call up the BAR and ask.

Comment

There is no dispute about the facts...
      Oh? Were you present when they were in bed together?

Comment

It is against the ethics of an attorney. You can file a complaint with the BAR where the attorney belongs to. In this regard you are required to present evidence regarding the incident.

Comment

I don't see having sex (if that indeed happened) with an ex-client as being an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwayman View Post
            I don't see having sex (if that indeed happened) with an ex-client as being an issue.

It is unprofessional and unethical if happening during a case or shortly thereafter.
            The client is often in a vulnerable position and the attorney should not take advantage of that.

Comment

That's a crazy story and makes me wonder what else was going on with all three of you.

Comment

My attorney represented my wife in our divorce and 3 weeks after the divorce he slept with her.
                There is no dispute about the facts, but is that legal or ethical of the attorney? Could he be disciplined by the BAR for that?
                Assuming that is all true, I think the Bar would take a dim view of that kind of behavior especially in today's climate.

It would seem that something was developing even while the representation was occurring and that poses many attorney-client problems for obvious reasons.

Comment

I'd be curious to know how Tofu knows that for sure. Maybe he was hiding in a closet watching? If not then he doesn't know and it's a non-issue.

It seems like he is yet another poster here who never returns.

Comment

They both admit the facts I stated.
                    As ugly as that is.

Comment

I am still considering pursuing it with the Bar authorities.

Comment

I am still considering pursuing it with the Bar authorities.
                        Go ahead, but a personal relationship that commenced after the professional relationship ended shouldn't be any cause for discipline.

By the way, if he was YOUR attorney why was he representing your wife?

Comment

And why did they tell you?
                          After all, you were divorced.

Comment

You know how x wives can be!!

Comment

why do you care

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X