Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal issues on my work clothes

I work for a law office in Florida and the head lawyer says my skirt level is too high in the summer clothes I wear.
    Is it legal for him to say this to me? I mean the clothes are from Macy's it's not like I am trying to look like a hooker.
    And who has to pay for the new clothes this moron wants me to buy?
    Or should I just quit. And sue them?

Re: Legal issues on my work clothes

I wish to inform you that your senior may prescribe a dress code for all employees or may rules regarding dress for all. In absence of any specific dress regulations in your organization he may not compel you to adhere any dress code. Further rule regarding dress will be for all employees otherwise allegations regarding discrimination may be made.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Las10 View Post
      I work for a law office in Florida and the head lawyer says my skirt level is too high in the summer clothes I wear.
      Is it legal for him to say this to me?
      Yes.

I mean the clothes are from Macy's it's not like I am trying to look like a hooker.
      It's how others see you that counts.

You.

Or should I just quit.
      Up to you but you won't get UI and you'll find it difficult to find work when prospective employers find out why you quit.

And sue them?
      Good luck with that. You have no case.

Understand that you are employed at will which means you can be fired for any reason as long as it doesn't violate any anti discrimination laws.

Comment

In this regard you are required to follow the dress code, in the absence of a dress code you can wear any dress which matches your profession. If you feel any discrimination you can discuss it with the concerned person in the office.

Comment

The dress code is what the boss says it is at the moment the boss says it.

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post
            The dress code is what the boss says it is at the moment the boss says it.
            ...well within reason. He can't order you to e.g. wear lacy clothes and black hip boots, or a tight top in the law office like a hooters gal.
            Employers have lost lawsuits for that kind of stuff.

Comment

Is it legal for him to say this to me? I mean the clothes are from Macy's it's not like I am trying to look like a hooker.
              At least he isn't asking you to raise the skirt level.
              Which seems to be the trend by bosses these days.

Comment

I think you are reaching... Lol you need to stop before you get yourself in a situation where no one will hire you...

Comment

Why are you people adding to a post that is 5 months old? Don't either of you have any common sense?

Comment

These days you could probably get HIM fired with all the witch hunts going on...

Comment

Now it's a six month old thread.

Sigh.

Comment

Hmm,
                        Well that seems to be the opposite problem that everybody else in the country is having where the boss wants the skirt higher...

Comment

Tennessee

Can I wear a trump button at work? I am back office and serve no customers.

My freaky covid-invested employer says no.???

Comment

And Mr. Freaky is right. The employer unfortunately can prohibit you from political activity od ANY kind on his premises.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X