Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won the NJ Mega Million Jackpot an wish to remain Anonymous.. HELP

Happy New Years everyone. I won the NJ Mega Million jackpot a few months ago and have been sitting on it because I am trying to plan my moves strategically. New Jersey recently passed a law allowing winners to remain anonymous for one year. However, I would like to remain anonymous FOREVER. (Family members will never know either) I am looking into setting up a blind trust so I can protect my identity. I am very confused on how blind trust work and apprehensive about the idea of granting total control of my winnings to an attorney. So my question is..
    1. How can I find an attorney that has experience in claiming lottery winnings using a blind trust?
    2. Since my attorney will be the executor or in charge, what stops him/her from taking my winnings. Is there any way to protect myself? Would I be tied to my attorney forever. Your professional advise will be greatly appreciated.

Re: I won the NJ Mega Million Jackpot an wish to remain Anonymous.. HELP

I wish to inform you that New Jersey State Bar Association may inform you list of attorneys dealing in trust. Further you may then check past credentials of lawyers so that you can determine best lawyer for yourself. You may ask lawyer for reference and then you may determine best possible lawyer for yourself.

AFF

Comment

Thank you for your response. I was actually seeking more information BEFORE I meet with an attorney so I can be fully informed and truly understand what will occur

Comment

Have the trust set up with you as sole trustee and the ticket as a trust asset.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

don't you only so many months to claim your winnings hope you find what your looking for and congrats

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X