USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unethical bro bono lawyer in Florida ?? Help !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unethical bro bono lawyer in Florida ?? Help !

What do you do if you are recieving advice from a legal organization;and they end up not defending you....but throwing you under the bus ??? I am about to go to court on an eviction,for something I am clearly in the right. There is no way I should have ended up going from the one doing the suing,to now being sued. I am about to lose everything I have left,because he is trying to now protect the person that got me into the situation in the first place.I "Knew" something was seriously wrong,when he advised me not to file,and go from being the plaintiff to the defendant. I was hoping I could have trusted the attorney was helping me;but it was made very apparent,it is not me he is helping.Now Im in serious trouble. Does the Bar Association monitor these lawyers also ? Where do I turn ?

re: Unethical bro bono lawyer in Florida ?? Help !

You can certainly attempt to file a complaint with the bar association. Being "right" is subjective and usually relies on the perspective and situation of those involved.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may make a complaint to the local Bar Council. If it does not take action, then you may serve a written notice both to the legal organization and the lawyer. If they do not resolve the matter, then you may file a lawsuit for legal malpractice. You may collect all evidence and further substantiate it in the Discovery. You will have the burden to prove the allegations in the Court. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Bigproblems View Post
        What do you do if you are recieving advice from a legal organization;and they end up not defending you....but throwing you under the bus ??? I am about to go to court on an eviction,for something I am clearly in the right. There is no way I should have ended up going from the one doing the suing,to now being sued. I am about to lose everything I have left,because he is trying to now protect the person that got me into the situation in the first place.I "Knew" something was seriously wrong,when he advised me not to file,and go from being the plaintiff to the defendant. I was hoping I could have trusted the attorney was helping me;but it was made very apparent,it is not me he is helping.Now Im in serious trouble. Does the Bar Association monitor these lawyers also ? Where do I turn ?
        The Bar Association responds to grievances against lawyers by meting out discipline when they have violated the disciplinary rules.

A lawyer owes fidelity to his client. If you believe he sided with the other side, did not appropriately represent you, then you have a grievance. Each state has adopted its version of the ABA Model Rules, so that is where you would look to apply the facts of your representation against ethical rules and disciplinary rules for Florida.

They are posted online.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X