Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet issues regarding former spouse and family

Hi. (i'm not sure if anyone can help, but i don't know what else i can do)
    i have several issues, concerning the internet...1) my former husband and i used to share a pc, w/different--private--emails and such. things were so 'off,' before the end, he felt it necessary to take total control of the internet usage, at the home, so he blocked me from the pc, as well as forced me to divulge my own personal email's and pwds to him; which he in turn, changed, as well as trying to communicate w/at least one of my friends. He was asked, in court, by his own lawyer, to which he admitted to doing so---"resetting the passwords"--but nothing was done.
    2) when i left--our daughter ( who was almost 18, at the time, left the month before i did) gave me well-wishes and posted such on her fb page; but a month later, she posted a msg to me, containing all sorts of f-u's, etc. Now, that her father is no longer speaking w/her, she began contacting me, again. i respond, but do not divulge information, anymore.
    3) we were advised, in court (by the judge, at the time) to refrain from negativity towards the other parent, in the case, esp w/regards our son, who's almost 16, now. Instead, my ex's mother left 'notes' for me, in the property that wasn't totally destroyed, and i was able to retrieve, as well as msgs on my answering machine and a "Christmas card." With that being said, nothing--other than the judge's pointing out how much his family 'hates' me--was done.
    i have contacted fb, google, and yahoo, and i have received no replies. is it just safe to say that its ok to bully whoever, online? or make nasty comments? invade one's privacy? just wondering if its all a waste of time.
    any suggestions??

Re: internet issues regarding former spouse and family

I wish to inform you that you may file a petition in the court for injunction against the online harassment meted out to you by your former spouse and family. Once the injunction is granted, the former spouse and family will not harass you. You may also forward a copy of the court Order to Google, Yahoo, FB, etc. so that objectionable information posted therein by the former spouse is deleted. You may claim Costs.

AFF

Comment

while i appreciate the information, regarding petitioning the court, the only person who's 'posted' anything of a negative nature, has been my daughter. So, i don't know if that would help--or if i'm misunderstanding your advice.

Comment

I think you need to grow up and move on. Stop living vicariously through Facebook.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Disagreeable: just a hint, you don't know me and have no right to even make that statement. i do not live my life--nor have i ever--thru fb, but, abuse is abuse, plain and simple. Thanks for reaffirming that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by delane View Post
            Disagreeable: just a hint, you don't know me and have no right to even make that statement. i do not live my life--nor have i ever--thru fb, but, abuse is abuse, plain and simple. Thanks for reaffirming that fact.
            What is plain and simple is you all are acting like children. Including the children apparently. You wanted to know if it was a waste of time, it is. If you happen to have ten or twenty thousand laying around to waste on a lawyer, go ahead and chase it. You will lose, but it might make you feel better.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

I suggest you to better leave this issue and get going on your work.. If you feel still your personal mails are being used by your husband then file a case against him and proceed with as you have all records with you..

Comment

This is posted under "Attorneys and Legal Ethics", for starters. I am inclined to agree that 'facebooking' leaves one open to a lot of drama that otherwise would not occur,

Comment

well, for starters, has anyone read my entire original post, yet? the reason i was curious about the "ethics": my lawyer didn't do anything....productive, and even after i'd sent the information---all of the information necessary for him to make a judgment call on his part---he never even read it....and told me i didn't inform him....he forwarded msgs to me, from his interaction w/my ex's lawyer (who happens to be a good friend of his), where she made comments that should never have even been made, regarding me; and, whenever i spoke to my lawyer about the comments, he blew me off and tried to defend her---her needs/feelings were more important, throughout the trial phases than his own client??!!
                  now, w/this being said, should i approach the state bar about him or leave it alone and continue paying him???
                  fyi: i am more concerned about what my ex did to invade my personal accounts, online, than the negative bs i've received from my daughter's fb post---that's the only thing that has to do w/FACEBOOK, people...lol

Comment

By all means, approach the state bar. Advise them you want to file an ethics charge against your attorney, for not holding your hand when you complained about a third party, not related to the court order you cited. I'm sure they will enjoy a laugh.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X