Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepaid Legal Services Attorneys?

Hi! I'm a law student doing research for a professor, and would really like to talk via email to an attorney who provides prepaid legal services. Since I'm not myself a member of a plan, I've been having a hard time identifying such attorneys online.

Is anyone here an attorney providing prepaid legal services who would be willing to talk to me? Does anyone know an attorney who might be willing to talk to me?

Thank you so much!

Re: Prepaid Legal Services Attorneys?

I wish to inform you that you may contact the bar council with your request. They may be able to help you with a list of their members who may be able to assist you in your assignment. You may then contact the attorneys and discuss your request.

AFF

Comment

Prepaid legal scams do exist, so make sure the firm from which you are buying your policy is legitimate and has a clean track record. Check with the Better Business Bureau to find out. Check with the American Bar Association to make sure that the lawyers has no history of problems and that the firm is reliable and trustworthy.

Comment

The American Bar Association does not track lawyer's records. Each state maintains its own disciplinary panel and roster of lawyers. Lawyers are not registered with the ABA, it does not mete out discipline. Nor does the Better Business Bureau. Membership in the Better Business Bureau is bought by commercial businesses ($1500 the last I knew of their membership fee).

If anyone wants information on prepaid legal services they need to contact a lawyer who belongs.

Comment

Rethinking your post, the question I would ask is "Exactly what is your assignment?" To get one lawyer's opinion of his experiences with a prepaid legal plan? For that is what you seem to be heading for by asking for correspondence with an attorney member of such a plan.

Exactly what is your assignment? As a law student you certainly must realize that before you begin a research project you need to know exactly what you are looking for -- on point.

Comment

thanks for your replies.

i do know what my assignment is, and what i'm looking for. i would like to include an actual attorney's perspective on prepaid legal services in my paper, which is why i would like to talk to an attorney who provides such services.

however, at this point, anyone with experience with prepaid legal services would be helpful to me. there don't seem to be a lot of non-anonymous, (relatively) non-biased firsthand accounts of how these plans work.

if there's someone out there who has such experience and wants to know more about the content/scope/length of the questions i have for you (spoiler: they're general, brief, and focused on your personal experience), please pm me.

Comment

sorry, i should also add that my paper/assignment is not "talk to one attorney who provides prepaid legal services." the bulk of the paper is concerned with the academic literature, but i think that firsthand accounts would help the paper (and help me generally with my attempts to learn about prepaid services).

Comment

I cant understand that why are you going for prepaid attorneys while there are several attorneys and legal firms lining up to provide you up with the service after delivering the job to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ary View Post
                  I cant understand that why are you going for prepaid attorneys while there are several attorneys and legal firms lining up to provide you up with the service after delivering the job to you.
                  I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify if you like, I would like to hear your thoughts but don't get the above post.

Comment

Originally posted by ktiscaffeinated View Post
                    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify if you like, I would like to hear your thoughts but don't get the above post.
                    Sorry about that. It appears that post (along with their other post this morning) was intended as SPAM. They have nothing else to contribute.
                    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
                    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
                    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Originally posted by ktiscaffeinated View Post
                      sorry, i should also add that my paper/assignment is not "talk to one attorney who provides prepaid legal services." the bulk of the paper is concerned with the academic literature, but i think that firsthand accounts would help the paper (and help me generally with my attempts to learn about prepaid services).
                      Then call up someone who represents PrePaid legal plans and talk to them.

Why waste other people's time?

Comment

power of attoreney and an affidavit of oath

Comment

Originally posted by guledahmedsied View Post
                          power of attoreney and an affidavit of oath
                          I'm sorry, but was there a question in there?
                          "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
                          "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
                          "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Prepaid plans are a type of legal insurance plan offered by a number of different companies and marketed through employers, labor unions, credit unions, department stores, credit card companies, and even door to door. The theory is that legal services, much the same as nuts and berries, are cheaper when bought in bulk. A relatively low yearly fee, sometimes under $100, purports to cover a number of lawyerly tasks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X