Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malpractice for lawyer not calling back in weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malpractice for lawyer not calling back in weeks?

Oklahoma

My lawyer has not called me back even though I called 3 times in the last 2 weeks?

...is that malpractice? What should I do? (and yes I have paid all my bills to him)

.is that malpractice?
    No. Not unless it damages your case.

What should I do?
    Since I have no idea what your case is about I wouldn't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinnee View Post
      Oklahoma

My lawyer has not called me back even though I called 3 times in the last 2 weeks?

...is that malpractice? What should I do? (and yes I have paid all my bills to him)
      Not getting back to clients is one of the biggest complaints against lawyers. Let him know you will report it to the Bar if you do not get some response reasonably soon, and he WILL call back.

Comment

I wish to inform you that if your lawyer fails to handle your case competently, including intentionally ignoring you or by being too busy to work on your case, you may be able to take action through a legal malpractice suit. Poor communication alone is not grounds for a legal malpractice suit, but if your attorney stops working on your case altogether it could escalate to a malpractice suit. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
          I wish to inform you that if your lawyer fails to handle your case competently, including intentionally ignoring you or by being too busy to work on your case, you may be able to take action through a legal malpractice suit. Poor communication alone is not grounds for a legal malpractice suit, but if your attorney stops working on your case altogether it could escalate to a malpractice suit. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF

Problem is that sometimes when they don't call back small problems become slightly larger problems, so it does hurt the case in the end, IMHO.
          And it leaved me furious as well.

Comment

Frankly I would send one message saying you call back on time or have staff do so, or I am done with your services.

You have to set limits with some of these professionals - that, oddly, often can't do it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinnee View Post
              Oklahoma

That's generally not malpractice, which is a very serious accusation and charge that can remove one's license.

But it is certainly something you can work on with the lawyer---or get a new lawyer if he or she can't improve on that.

Comment

I wonder if such lawyers will call you back when you don't pay their bill?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)