Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I fire my lawyer and get my money back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I fire my lawyer and get my money back?

Me and my friend hired a lawyer. My friend had some court dates to go to. The lawyer we were working on with quit the firm for some reason. The "boss" of the firm took the case. Ever since then we havent had any communication with him. My friend always tried to get a hold of him but he was always "unavailable". My friend had his first court date today and the lawyer did not show up. For some reason the lawyer is in jail. I wanna fire him so i can get another lawyer for my friend. Can i fire him and brake the contract since he didnt show up to represent my friend? Can i ask for some refund?

re: Can I fire my lawyer and get my money back?

I wish to inform you that your friend can change the lawyer if he desires. A person has a right to appoint counsel of his choice. Further, in this when a lawyer is changed then a refund of fees can be claimed from the lawyer. In this the refund of fees will be for that portion of work which the lawyer has not served. Now in your case as your friend's lawyer is not performing then your friend can change his lawyer and can claim refund of fees which that lawyer has not performed the duty.

AFF

Comment

Re: Can I fire my lawyer and get my money back?

[My friend had his first court date today and the lawyer did not show up.]

Yikes--that is malpractice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X