Can I sue my public defender attorney?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sue my public defender attorney?

Is it possible to sue your public defence attorney for...incompetence or trying to lose the case?

Re: Can I sue my public defender attorney?

Well you can but you would have to prove negligence or outright purposeful fraud.

That is not easy to do frankly.

Comment

lol! sue a lawyer is something that i won't like to try

Comment

Normally if you have a problem with them, you would simply want to force him or her to withdraw and get new counsel. If they commit true ethical or law violations you can report them to the State Bar.

Comment

Try to get a private ecclesiastical agreement with your public defender. No court needed. Just 3 witnesses. get him to agree that he f***** you up the a** and its that simple. You will have a judgement. All that is left is to lay a private information on their a** and they lose their job, house and boat....Attorney Bob, you're the next contestant on Who Wants to Lose Their Job Today?!!!!

Comment

The problem with all "you sheeple" is that you think too narrowly. These so-called "lawyers" are a members only club. Simply tell them that you do not belong to their "club", their services are no longer required and good riddance. Oh yeah, public notice of you not wanting to be public wares is also warranted. Post it in the newspaper for 30 days. Its that easy. Get out of the fear mentality and fly. Real men and women do not need permission to live their lives....Harm no one, damage no property, do not use fraud in contracts......Hmmmmmm.... sounds like something I read in sunday school.....They knew their stuff!!

Comment

hi

If they commit true ethical or law violations you can report them to the State Bar.

Comment

YES! You most certainty can Legal Malpractice/ negligence

Comment

Suing a public defender is possible but isn't easy to accomplish. You will first need to hire another attorney whom you trust on. You will also have to dictate him the exact circumstances under which you felt you were being ineffectively represented by your public defender attorney. Family Lawyer Los Angeles provides you all the legal advice needed for any type of case.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne Saxton View Post
                    Suing a public defender is possible but isn't easy to accomplish. You will first need to hire another attorney whom you trust on. You will also have to dictate him the exact circumstances under which you felt you were being ineffectively represented by your public defender attorney. Family Lawyer Los Angeles provides you all the legal advice needed for any type of case.
                    Excuse me? See a family law attorney in Los Angeles? Who are you hustling for?

First, family law attorneys handle family law cases and not legal malpractice, a very, very narrow field of lawyers who have the intestinal fortitude to do so and are secure enough in their practice not to fear repercussions.

Secondly, lawyers are only allowed to practice in the state in which they are licensed -- and prohibited from practice in any other state.

This is a not too thinly veiled attempt to promote business (spam) for a lawyer who does not have a successful practice. Shame on you!

Comment

Public defenders are obligated to live up to the standards of their profession like any other lawyer. They are bound by the Rules of Professional Conduct.

For a public defender to screw up on a case is not that inconceivable due to , (1) inexperience for most are just starting out in practice and, (2) case overload.

One can file a complaint with their state's Bar association, based upon specific violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct and Disciplinary Rules (RPC's and DR's).

Comment

Yes you can but firstly you have to prove negligence or outright purposeful fraud.

Comment

..which is next to impossible against a Public Defender,

Just FYI

Comment

Yes you can but it is very difficult to sue a lawyer..

Comment

I don't want to sue my PD but I would like to have her stop representing me.

She seems to indicate I cannot do that but we are not even close to trial yet. She wont even let me talk about it and tries to change the topic.

Is there anything stopping me from dismissing her?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X