Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settlement from a car wreck, whose name on check, attorneys or mine

hi. i just recently got a settlement from a car wreck. i dont think my lawyers office is doing what they are suppose to do. the check got sent to their office with mine and their name on it. am i legally aloud to put the check in my account and then give them their share?

Re: settlement from a car wreck, whose name on check, attorneys or mine

Generally, the check by insurance company or other party in car accident settlement has both your name and your attorney's name on it. This is done so that you would typically have to endorse the check before the check could be placed for collection for credit in your lawyer's trust account. You can have copies of all the checks written under settlement. Further, if you have instructed your lawyer that check should only be in your name then you can take action against your lawyer.

AFF

Comment

Re: settlement from a car wreck, whose name on check, attorneys or mine

Most settlement payments are made that way if a lawyer is involved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X