Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• becoming a lawyer

I was wanting to know if someone could tell me if someone who has been convicted of a felony can go to law school and practice law? ( In the state of Kansas)

Re: becoming a lawyer

Normally that makes it very difficult. The State Bars will not accept you.

It is best to try to get it expunged if possible

Comment

I plan to get an expungment, however I am completing my undergraduate in May and I am wanting to take the LSAT in February. I hope I haven't spent all my time, money and effort and I still can't get into law school. If I get it expunged do I have a chance? It is so hard to find any information. I have just spent 4 years assuming that if I do well in my studies I will get accepted. I have worked extremely hard and will graduate with honors. But I didn't mention the fact that I am in my early 40's.

Comment

what was the felony

Comment

1 count of felony theft in 1987

Comment

an expunction will make you eligible without problem...

Comment

Thank you so much! I have lost a lot of sleep over this and wondered whether I made the right decision. Can you tell me if there is a website where I can get more information?

Comment

The State Bar will have application info and usually case examples of other applicants facing similar issues.

Comment

I was wondering if you could think of a sepcific case that I can look at?

Comment

Your state's bar will help further counsel and assist you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X