Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Damaged At Work By Employer

I work at a production facility in rural Saskatchewan, Canada where they use paint burn off ovens to clean paint hooks and racks. Quite recently a hand full of employees including myself noticed that the clear coat and paint on our vehicles is now pitted and very rough because of the hot particles that eject out of the chimney of these burn off ovens. It was brought to the company's attention, and we were told to buff the clear coat and it will be fine. One of the employees brought his brand new vehicle, which has this damage, to an autobody shop to get a quote for repair and was quoted $2000 dollars to fix if only the clear coat was damaged. Much more if the paint was damaged. What are our options in Saskatchewan Canada? Thanks!

Re: Truck Damaged At Work By Employer

I wish to inform you that the cause and fault will be considered while determining compensation. If employee knew that there can be damage by chimney then compensation may not be claimed because damage is because of acts of chimney and after having knowledge employee parked his vehicle at that place and hence contributory negligence by employee may be alleged. If employee did not knew or employer only provided that particular parking space then employer can be held liable for compensation because of acts of employer such loss has occurred.

AFF

Comment

Re: Truck Damaged At Work By Employer

If you sue your employer, do not be surprised if you are let go.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X