• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allstate claim delays

GA

My brand new corolla was backed into.
    No injuries no one was in the car.

The property damage claim went to Allstate in Oct 2020.
    The at fault parties ins.
    They pretty much dropped the ball and i didnt hear back from them until i made a complaint with ins commissioner.
    In june 2020

They did the initial estimate and i sent one to them back in Oct 2020

I got tired of waiting and the damage was only getting worse.
    I sent the car to the shop where the repairs are being done based off of my estimate.

They are still dragging on settling the damages.

Is that pretty standard?
    I thought they had a time frame to resolve a claim.
    Its been 9 months.

Is that pretty standard?
    No.

I thought they had a time frame to resolve a claim.
    They do. See GA 33-6-34.

Georgia Code § 33-6-34 (2019) - Unfair claims settlement practices :: 2019 Georgia Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Doesn't seem to have helped you any.

Presumably you have collision coverage on your brand new Corolla. Use it to have your car repaired. You should have done that at the first sign of delay. Then your insurance company will get reimbursed by Allstate and refund your deductible.

Comment

That's really weird, I have them as my firm and I never saw anything like that, ever. And I've had a few claims. I wonder why that is happening? What would even cause that.

Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        That's really weird, I have them as my firm and I never saw anything like that, ever. And I've had a few claims. I wonder why that is happening? What would even cause that.

Mike G
        The difference, Mike, is that Allstate is your insurance company and is contractually obligated to handle your claims quickly and properly as well as statutorily obligated and you can sue your company for breach of contract.

Not so with somebody else's insurance company when there is a liability claim against them, though Gradem3's delay is rather extreme. Had he/she used collision coverage the claim would have been taken care of long ago.

Comment

That's crazy, remind me never to hire them as my firm.

It's still a pain that the issue hangs open - even if they are the ins. for the other side.

Comment

I am having the same problem with them...argh

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              I am having the same problem with them...argh
              If Allstate is the insurer of the other driver then I suggest you use your collision coverage to get your car repaired.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)