Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all insurers offer storage rates for your car when you go to Florida for the winter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all insurers offer storage rates for your car when you go to Florida for the winter?

Do all insurers offer storage rates for your car when you go to Florida for the winter and leave the car in storage for the winter up north?

is that standard practice for every insurer, or not necessarily? I have found one insurer I confirmed does it. And the rate drops way down while not being used.

Are they required to offer such coverage options?

It isn't required by law in any state that I know of and all carriers do not provide the option.

Comment

When I was coming up in the insurance business (back in the Stone Age) it was common for insurance companies to suspend the liability and collision coverage and reduce the premium while the car was in storage. Unfortunately, what often happened was that the insured would come home, forget to reinstate the coverage, drive the car, have an accident that wasn't covered and suddenly it's the insurance company's fault.

Bondo B, I'm surprised that you found even one company that would do it.

Comment

Some say that you will have better luck getting such an arrangement if your insurance broker or agent knows you personally and you have an established relationship.
        And being in a smaller town with more personalized service will not hurt either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)