Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does home insurance cover an unusual bug invasion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does home insurance cover an unusual bug invasion?

Does the normal home insurance policy cover an unusual bug invasion such as those asian stink beetles, and the cost of the pest control firm which is about 500 to 700 dollars?
    I don't see anything speciifically in my policy but it so hard to read.

Find "Section I - Property Coverage." Usually within the first few pages of the policy.
    Then find "Section I - Perils Insured Against." Usually 4 - 6 pages or so later.
    Right there you will see "We do not insure, however, for loss..."
    Go down the list until you find the exclusion for "birds, vermin, rodents, or insects."

Bug invasion is not covered.

Comment

A one time visit from pest control is not 500 to 700.
      It's more like 100. Don't let those firms rip you off or make you buy more than you need. Which happens a lot BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post
        Find "Section I - Property Coverage." Usually within the first few pages of the policy.
        Then find "Section I - Perils Insured Against." Usually 4 - 6 pages or so later.
        Right there you will see "We do not insure, however, for loss..."
        Go down the list until you find the exclusion for "birds, vermin, rodents, or insects."

Bug invasion is not covered.

Hmm too bad. They always figure out what to exclude.

Comment

That's weird. it should be covered if it's an invasion that is unusual.
          It seems to me.

Comment

It might be covered if very extreme or a one time event. Possibly.

You should read through the terms BTW, there may be other things you are not aware of. Or are wrongly assuming.

Comment

It might be covered if very extreme or a one time event.
              The policy excludes damage done by insects. It doesn't exclude damage done by insects unless...

You should read through the terms
              Absolutely.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)