Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF IN HIS NAME, CAN HE LOSE HIS HOME?

My son lived in an apartment and did not have renters insurance. He thought that renters Ins. would only cover his stuff and he only had a bed and TV--everything else was furnished. Anyway, his girl friend-who was not renting-had a fire in the kitchen while cooking him dinner. The owners Ins. is covering the damage and clean-up and they said he might be sued for the $3,000 estimate. In the mean time he has moved out-ok with the owner, he gave notice-and has been living with my husand and me. We have found a mobile home in a park for $3,700. and we got a personal loan to buy it. My question is, if we put the title in his name and he does end up being sued, can they take his home? By the way, it's in Ohio-just incase that matters.

Re: IF IN HIS NAME, CAN HE LOSE HIS HOME?

Normally no but they may be able to put a lien on it...

Comment

Re: IF IN HIS NAME, CAN HE LOSE HIS HOME?

ok, thank you.. after reading the article we decided to put it in his name, because, IF he is sued, he will pay the damages. He doesn't dispute them, but didn't want to lose his home. Although he didn't own anything, the article states that they could put a lien on any future purchase. He does have a job and they could always garnish his wages, but he's a responsible kid and will do what he has to do, IF it goes that far.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X