Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance claim for owner-driver

My friend died in a car accident where he was the owner of the car. But the driver was paid driver. Insurance coverage was described in the policy as owner-cum-driver. The Insurance company denied to pay because their plea is the owner was not driven the car at the time of accident. Will my friends wife entitled to get the claim?

I live in India, so reply from the point of Indian Law is necessary.

Re: Insurance claim for owner-driver

I wish to inform you that the Insurance company is liable to pay compensation if the vehicle is used as per the Insurance policy. However, there is a clause providing that Insurance company will not be liable if driven by a person other than the driver stated in the driver’s clause. In this, the wife of the deceased has to show that the driver was a person authorized in policy and met the criteria of driver as stated in the driver's clause of the Insurance policy.

AFF

Comment

Re: Insurance claim for owner-driver

I want to ask that he had a life insurance to himself. I think if a person have insurance than what is the meaning of vehicle is used as per the Insurance policy. definitely he should got the insurance money.
      his relatives or wife should sue against it.
      Cheating Spouse

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X