• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't have said it better

Comment

How can a dog be the same in law as a chair? Makes no sense to me

Comment

I wonder how one would introduce a law in a state legislature to change how a dog's life is valued under law? Any ideas?

Comment

A dog is NOT property IMO and that law needs to change right now!!!

Comment

I think the law is slowly changing to recognize exactly what others have said here, that the dog is indeed something more than simply your property

Comment

Originally posted by Daslife View Post
              I wonder how one would introduce a law in a state legislature to change how a dog's life is valued under law? Any ideas?
              You either convince your legislators to do it or you do it by initiative. See the following article for an explanation.

https://classroom.synonym.com/how-to...-12080701.html

Then find out if your state allows it.

Comment

We should start a petition here!!!

Comment

In my divorce we had to price each asset while dividing and the dog was set at a price of 4500 dollars (which I bid) in a 140,000 dollar in assets divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                    In my divorce we had to price each asset while dividing and the dog was set at a price of 4500 dollars (which I bid) in a 140,000 dollar in assets divorce.
                    That's interesting that each bid like that. is that common in divorces?

Comment

Actually it is and seems quite reasonable. Then each side can take what they value the most, by pricing it as between the two sides..

Comment

I also really like that idea.

Comment

It is a good idea and can be used for siblings choosing estate items or spouses in a divorce or any such similar situations.
                          Then each has to decide what value that item really has to that person making the choice. If somebody values it more and bids more, it's theirs.

Comment

Honestly in many cases it should be more than some humans.

Comment

Honestly in many cases it should be more than some humans.

This discussion caught my eye,

LOL I couldn't agree more!

Comment

I also like that idea of letting each party put a value on the dog and the higher price gets it.
                                As the 2 sides divide up the property.

But that may not work so well if they have no assets basically. or if one is in a much better position going forward to earn money etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X