Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got hurt at work... I'm 7 months in therapy

I had an accident at work and fractured a vertebra ... I'm 7 months in therapy and I have a lot of pain but my company wants me to go back to work. What do I do!

hurt at work but they want me to go back

Hurt at work but they want me to go back... What do I do!

Comment

re: Got hurt at work... I'm 7 months in therapy

You follow the doctors advice. If he releases you to light duty and they have a light duty position you need to take it.

Many of us have worked while in pain. As long as it isn't worsening your condition it's fine.

What has the doctor recommended?

Comment

Re: Got hurt at work... I'm 7 months in therapy

Join the Office...Regarding your medical bills, generally any settlement should include an amount sufficient to reimburse your health insurer, I doubt that Office Depot will agree to a piecemeal settlement, whereby they agree to pay you X dollars plus an unspecified amount to cover your your medical bills. They will want the settlement to be one lump sum to cover everything. This means you must know before settling how much you will owe your health insurer. Your health insurer should have a subrogation department which can provide you with this information. Be sure to get an itemized list of the payments for which it is seeking reimbursement, as often health insurers will include unrelated charges as well.

Comment

You can't be forced to work contrary to doctors’ orders. If you cannot perform the essential tasks, placing you on leave is considered a reasonable option. Your employer may not force you to resign. However, if the doctor cleared you for light duty work and your job has a light duty position for you then you can be required to return to work. Refusing to join work may lead to termination. Further, a work injury is handled through workers compensation. Gather medical and hospital records relating to your injury. Contact an attorney to clear your further doubts.

Comment

Re: hurt at work but they want me to go back

Originally posted by nioleta12 View Post

Get a letter from your doctor that your condition is not cured and returning to work is not recommended for it would retard your improvement or result in further injury -- whatever the doctor believes is the case in his or her professional judgment. Then the employer cannot demand you return to work against doctor's orders.

Comment

I had an accident at work and fractured a vertebra ... I'm 7 months in therapy and I have a lot of pain but my company wants me to go back to work. What do I do!
              They also told me i have to go to work

Comment

They also want me to go to work but i cant because i have to be standing for Long times i cant even be up for more than 10 min

Comment

What has the DOCTOR said?

Comment

Originally posted by goddessoflubboc View Post
                    What has the DOCTOR said?
                    I work at a bakery and the doctor said I can go to work but I cant pick anything up that's more than one pound I can bend down and I cant be sitting down or standing up for a long time

Comment

It seems to me those parameters could be met in a bakery. A stool for when you can't stand anymore and no real lifting. What is it your employer wants that you can't do? You've been released back to work with some very minor accommodations.

Comment

Take you medical report and doctor's prescription to your office and tell them about this. And also claims for you medical compensation. If they still force you to join your work then you should hire an good lawyer and files a case against them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X