USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work Related Injury (that will affect the rest of my life)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Related Injury (that will affect the rest of my life)

I have been placed on modified/ restricted duty by my company's employee health department due to an injury sustained while working on the job. My employer states they must provide me with a 24-hour/week light duty assignment because that was my average amount of hours worked per week during the last 6 weeks. My employer states that they only have one assignment available for me and the hours are restricted to 8am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday. In my previous position, I worked evening and overnight hours. I also had to carpool to work because of my living situation in which I share a car with my boyfriend. They are forcing me to work hours that are very difficult to abide to and in a separate department.

This is the second instance in which I was placed on light duty for the same work related injury. The employee health Nurse Practitioner that treated me stated I should consider switching to another department because my injury will flare up continually as long as I hold the position I currently have. She stated that my current position is physical and will continually cause strain, pain, and lack of movement in the injured limb. In result, this cycle of light duty to regular duty will continue indefinitely due to the nature of the injury.

What rights do I have in this situation? I have an injury from working at this company that will affect me for possibly the rest of my life at 21 years old. It cannot be determined medically if I will ever fully heal without flare ups that will affect my ability to perform a physical job. I must now consider other career opportunities as a result. I have worked at this company for a total of 4 years; 2 years in one department and 2 years in my present department. Also, can I seek a second opinion from a doctor I choose to go to? I believe it may need to be officially deemed that I have sustained an injury on the job resulting in permanent restrictions. I doubt my current health care provider will comply with that because they work for the company.

I am young, lost, and confused. Please help!

Thank you

re: Work Related Injury (that will affect the rest of my life)

I wish to inform you that if your employer is covered by worker's compensation then you may claim workers compensation benefits. It will be your duty to show that the injury was work related.

AFF

Comment

Re: Work Related Injury (that will affect the rest of my life)

You may lose the ability to claim WC, by refusing the offer of work.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

What state are you in? Does your company provide traditional work/comp benefits (if you live in a state with no requirement)?

This will greatly affect your options. Also what treatment are you getting?

Comment

If the injury you have encountered during work is so severe that you have been affected for the rest of your life then you should claim a compensation against it and you may take help of a legal adviser who will analyze the situation and would file your case accordingly.

Comment

You need to contact a personal injury attorney who deals with accidents, in your case it`s a construction accident that happened during the work. You can a free consultation and the rest will be taken care of by the attorney.

Comment

Everyone is suggesting you to hire a solicitor and present your case as this will ensure a quicker claim process – without an attorney you may find yourself going, back and forth for months on end, trying to determine what exactly is needed for your case.Though the prime objective is that when hiring a criminal injury solicitor that you should spend a little time researching the various firms and representatives, who can best suit your case.

Comment

If you do not work the light duty work they can suspend your benefits. they don't have to provide the times you want nor days. All they have to do is provide Light Duty. If you refuse they don't pay. this is FL law. all states are different.

Comment

As far as permanent total disability, This is FL law only. At 21 y/o there is no way they will find you PTD. Your doctor will give you a date for MMI(maximum medical improvement) which is a percent of the body as a whole. You would need a pretty high MMI rating for them to find you PTD. I had a 50 y/o man that got a 27% which is high but I settled the claim for 50K. So PTD is pretty hard to get these days. I am a work comp adjuster in FL. Hope this helps. Tell me what state you are in and I can maybe give you some more insight.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X