Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury by loading of slabs

I am a forklift driver, where I was engaged in the loading and unloading of stone slabs. One day while loading, a stone slab fell from the back of the truck causing multiple fractures to my leg. As it turns out, the strap secured in the A-frame on the truck was loosened, and it fell right on me. As I got disabled, I filed for a worker’s compensation, where my claim was denied. I’ve been a forklift driver for three years, and still, they implied as it was my fault. I am having trouble in various aspects of my life because of my disability, among the most is that I am not able to provide to my family. I am in serious debt, financially. Could anybody suggest me some way to help me move forward legally?

I filed for a worker’s compensation, where my claim was denied.
    Denied by who? An insurance company or your employer? WC is not fault based.

I'm not sure how far you'll get after three years but I suggest you start by contacting the government agency that regulates WC since your claim may have been denied illegally:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-...pensation.html

If that doesn't help google workers compensation attorney for your city and talk to a few.

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post

Denied by who? An insurance company or your employer? WC is not fault based.

I'm not sure how far you'll get after three years but I suggest you start by contacting the government agency that regulates WC since your claim may have been denied illegally:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-...pensation.html

If that doesn't help google workers compensation attorney for your city and talk to a few.

It was denied by the employer. As you suggested I did try contacting the govt and it was in vain but I did search for lawyers dealing with WC and came across one (https://www.ltdlawyerontario.com/ltd-appeals/). As I am in debt it is difficult when it comes to the case of payment but this gives me relief as I dont have to pay him unless my case is settled.

I would also like to sue the employer personally for the trouble I have gone through and I am confused if I should hire one for WC and another for suing the employer for the troubles he has caused.

Comment

I did try contacting the govt and it was in vain
        What, exactly, did you do, and why was it in vain?

I would also like to sue the employer personally for the trouble I have gone through and I am confused if I should hire one for WC and another for suing the employer for the troubles he has caused.
        Hire the WC attorney and concentrate on getting your benefits. The WC attorney will know if there is anything you can do about the employer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)