USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have any legal recourse as to the embarrassment I was put through?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have any legal recourse as to the embarrassment I was put through?

A friend and I visited a local chain restaurant named Shari's. We both ordered sodas. When the waitress came over with our drinks, she dropped my drink, literrally, on top of me. My shirt, pants and shoes were soaked. She apologized and ran to get rags. When she returned to the table, she started wiping the table. I immediately got angry and said would you please give me a towell or something so that I can wipe the soda off of my shirt and pants before you wipe the table? I was very stern in my words. She immediately handed me napkins. She then wiped the table and left, crying. Another waitress came over and asked me to slide out of the booth and she would take me to one of her tables. I then told her that the seat needed to be wiped before I slid from the booth. She also apologized and wiped the seat free of soda. She took us to a booth and brought us 2 sodas. The manager came to our table 2 minutes later and asked if I had "yelled" at his employees. I told him what was said and he demanded that I leave his establishment. Much to my surprise, I thought he was coming to the table to apologize to me for the drink being spilled on me. Numerous customers had witnessed this and were shaking their heads as if they were appauled as to what he was saying to us. I told him that he was throwing us out of the establishment after she spilled a drink on me. He then said that his employees doesn't have to take abuse from customers. I said "what abuse? She spilled a whole soda on me." I got very angry, called him a bad name and left. I was totally embarrassed in front of his staff and numerous customers. I am a popular real estate broker in my area and I noticed several other people I knew in the restaurant. I was quite offended and embarrassed as to what had happened. Now I have an expensive shirt and pants that have to be dry cleaned and my $125 Bostonian shoes are ruined. There is soda down inside of them. I don't know what to do? Do I have any legal recourse as to the embarrassment I was put through? And what about damages to my clothing? How do I pursue a lawsuit against this company ?

re: Do I have any legal recourse as to the embarrassment I was put through?

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...

Comment

What if I would want attorney representation? Is this a waste of money or can I ask for attorney costs ?

Comment

You could email the lawyers at [email protected] to discuss.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X