Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injured at work WSIB wont help

I'm asking this question on behalf of my daughter, she started working for a new hotel on November 1 2006 and on November 17 she had an accident at work where one of the windows(approx 40 lbs) fell out and landed ontop of her shoulder she filled out an accident report with her superviser(who said they would send it to WSIB) and they gave her papers to take to the hospital, she went to the hospital the next day and was told she had mucles damage.She had to quit her job a couple weeks later due to the pain (and emails she was getting from the boss).Now to make a long story short the family doctor has told us she has torn mucles and the mucles have shrunk and needs physiotheropy and it will take up six months to heal but we have been told that the hotel (Future Inns Cambridge)was not registered with WSIB at the time of the accident and they told her doctor that they will not pay for it.
    Could you please tell us what her options are as we cannot affored to pay for physiotheropy?
    Thank you

re: Injured at work WSIB wont help

It is certainly possible you have a case based on what you say here; you should take a brief description of these events as well as your medical records to an injury attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you...

Comment

re: Injured at work WSIB wont help

I am also having a hard time with WSIB , and would like to contact a lawyer that will take my case. if anyone knows of a lawyer could u pls let me kno by replying to my email add. '' [email protected] '' thanks ...

Comment

Re: Injured at work WSIB wont help

Try the Ontario Worker Advisor (OWA). They are a free service funded by the Ministry of labour. For information about WSIB look up the Injured Worker Outreach Service group in your area they offer free assistance also.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I'm asking this question on behalf of my daughter, she started working for a new hotel on November 1 2006 and on November 17 she had an accident at work where one of the windows(approx 40 lbs) fell out and landed ontop of her shoulder she filled out an accident report with her superviser(who said they would send it to WSIB) and they gave her papers to take to the hospital, she went to the hospital the next day and was told she had mucles damage.She had to quit her job a couple weeks later due to the pain (and emails she was getting from the boss).Now to make a long story short the family doctor has told us she has torn mucles and the mucles have shrunk and needs physiotheropy and it will take up six months to heal but we have been told that the hotel (Future Inns Cambridge)was not registered with WSIB at the time of the accident and they told her doctor that they will not pay for it.
          Could you please tell us what her options are as we cannot affored to pay for physiotheropy?
          Thank you
          You have a personal case to sue them . If there are not register with wsib.

Comment

Personal Injury At Work

Many victims who have suffered injuries often go through a lot of stress and emotional strain. This is one of the reasons why there are insurance companies which pay settlements to victims. Some of the time, the amount of compensation that a victim get has a lot to do with attorney. Lawyers are able to turn to the law in order to prove a person’s injury claim. Their job is to get the most money they can for their clients based on the level of injuries that were obtained to the victim. The best way to get personal injury compensation is to turn to an injury lawyer.
            Personal Injury At Work

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Thank you
              hi
              i feel sorry for that happened to your daughter, keep her physiotherapy continue. for further information i recommend you visit the site accidentatwork.org.uk and i hope you will get reasonable information regarding this matter.
              good luck

Comment

Contact the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration for issues related to workplace safety and the physical conditions of your workplace. Their complaint division makes information and complaint forms available online.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X