Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Buyer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Buyer

Dear lawyers
    Is there a chance to file class action lawsuit against Ebay's practice of resolving disputes between buyer and seller? Ebay's dispute resolution workflow is designed in favor of buyer and at the same time still collects fees from seller. There are many sellers from different forums will be happy to join the lawsuit, we need a law firm that will take the initiative of filing.
    Thank you for your time and looking forward to hear from you.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Bu

Originally posted by ClassActionSuit View Post
    Dear lawyers of World Law Direct:
    Is there a chance to file class action lawsuit against Ebay's practice of resolving disputes between buyer and seller? Ebay's dispute resolution workflow is designed in favor of buyer and at the same time still collects fees from seller. There are many sellers from different forums will be happy to join the lawsuit, we need a law firm that will take the initiative of filing.
    The contributors to our forums are mostly laypersons, and not attorneys.

WORLD Law would be happy to consider your request.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Bu

I don’t see how such a legal endeavor/vendetta could possible meet the prerequisites. Particularly the requirement that the factual issues and claims and defenses of the parties sought to be represented would be common to all members of the class.

Other than that their individual claims have been denied, how could it be established that the individual claims of the parties to be represented are typical of the class.

Furthermore, how could the individual claims and defenses of the sellers, who would be the real parties to be affected, be adequately represented much less adjudicated?

Before trying to launch such a process, I suggest that you read Section 23 of the FRCP

Comment

Sorry for the above scrambled text, but my efforts to edit were denied - twice!

Comment

ebay's user agreements states they have no involvement in the transactions. Therefore, they have no authority to issue unilateral, arbitrary refunds. Especially sight unseen, and without any recourse for the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            ebay's user agreements states they have no involvement in the transactions. Therefore, they have no authority to issue unilateral, arbitrary refunds. Especially sight unseen, and without any recourse for the seller.
            Having been on both sides on eBay, both buyer and seller, and have participated in a few disputed transactions, I personally cannot say that disputes are unilaterally nor always decided in favor of the buyer.

Before launching any kind of large scale, broad class action type suit, one needs to have the numbers and facts.
            \

Comment

How about EBay's regular practice of holding back funds of sellers who are stellar but fail to meet their ridiculous, stringent and definitely lawyer bought standards. My feedback has been 95 - 99% positive for the last 2 quarters yet ebay always finds their little loophole to hold my money. WHO IS GAINING INTEREST ON THIS MONEY WHILE THEY HOLD IT? It is disgusting what they get away with and I am willing to work TIRELESSLY and devote 100% of my time to sue them.

Comment

I too would love to join a lawsuit. I was scammed by a buyer (one of the many) & learned the hard way why NOT to sell anything to anyone from Russia. The buyer has been flagged multiple times, its clear by looking at his feedback of sellers that he frequently claims "not received," yet there are still victims of his conduct. He admitted to receiving the item (in his feedback for me) & then proceeded to "report" as not received. I cannot sell, my husband cannot sell, even my former roommate was banned - because of this scum bag. They refunded him (multiple times) for many items that he didn't receive, some on consecutive days - and he's still a buyer.

Comment

If there is ever a class action suit against ebay I'm on board. From their injustice to sellers, to the way they rate and conveniently hold back funds to the way they let buyers get away with murder. I can go on and on. I know that if an attorney ever takes on the extraordinary task of filing a lawsuit, he/she will have millions of supporters. Myself first in line.

Comment

I'm ready, I'll be the poster child for the law suit, all we need is an attorney and I know we can win, I'm looking now for anyone ready to take this case.

Comment

If no one wants to do a class action I'd like to personally sue, I just need a lawyer!! They are soo negligent its not even funny.

Comment

heres one for you
                        start a law suit on screwing sellers
                        facts:
                        1) leave feedback, ebay thanks you for keeping the community informed but sellers can not leave neutral or neg feedback. how exactly are we keeping the community informed when they refuse to let us do so?
                        2) when selling you can filter buyers with 2 or more neg feedbacks HAHAHA see # 1
                        3) ebay prints to the buyer by confirming this bid you are agreeing to all terms of the seller, another joke

Comment

I'm a seller as well as a buyer who has been abused with eBay. If there ever is class-action law suit against eBay I would be the first to join. I hope a lawyer does step up and take this where it needs to go. Please!!! [email protected]

Comment

I am without a doubt in ALL THE WAY.... Ebays procedural policy is a freaking joke... They make up their rules and only "apply" some of them at different times... They literally shut down my account that had 1,000 + positive feedback... 99.8% rating i was a power seller and top seller, they shut me down and then when I ask why they say that they cannot tell me why... Then they go and refund one of my buyers his full purchase price without even making the seller return the item... Ebay is the biggest joke of a company on this planter... I would be all aboard a lawsuit... count me in 100 %%% !!!!!

Chris

Comment

I have had a perfect 100% record with eBay for 2+ years. Recently a buyer emailed to tell me the item I sent was defective. I do not take returns. But rather than argue, I immediately accepted the return (which was damaged in transit), refunded the buyer's money IMMEDIATELY, including the shipping costs.

She demanded I refund "her" shipping costs. I explained that eBay's money back guarantee does NOT cover return shipping. I told her to please refer to eBay's policy. She threatened to file a complaint if I didn't refund her shipping costs. I called eBay which said I did everything right. They said to "hope" she opens a case because if she does, then any negative feedback would automatically come off because eBay would rule in my favor.

Well, the buyer didn't open a case, they left negative feedback saying I refused to refund her shipping costs, which is a lie...I refunded the originally shipping costs. eBay refuses to remove her negative feedback. She threatened to file a complaint if I didn't do what she wanted. eBay says I am right, but they won't take the negative feedback off. I don't understand if I did everything right, why they allow this buyer to leave negative feedback and not remove it??????

I would LOVE to be a part of a class action lawsuit.

eBay's policy states on its website:

"We also don't allow buyers to use Feedback in a way that would impact seller performance ratings when sellers have objectively met satisfactory performance levels"...

They can't pick and choose when to apply their own rules. Something has to FINALLY change. My perfect record is ruined because I did the right thing (according to eBay)...I refunded my seller all charges (except her RETURN shipping) and she threatens me and is allowed to ruin my score.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X