Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell computer cancelled my order

For no reason after waiting for ten days DELL all of a sudden cancels my order. No explanation no reason, a glitch. Now the computer I wanted is not here and they tell me i have to order all over again--isnt that illegal or something, seems ridiculous.

Boooo Dell!

Re: Dell computer cancelled my order

They have a lot of problems with consumer orders from what I have seen. As opposed to business orders where they are okay normally.

Comment

I ordered a digital camera last week from dell small business department but dell cancelled my order today. Does anyone else have this problem?

"Thank you for your online order. Currently your order is on hold because you placed this order business sales division and is intended for personal use. We can place the order under the consumer division. You also selected the Dell Account as your method of payment which is for business accounts only so you would also need to provide us with another method of payment. If you would like to continue with this order please contact me so that we may use a different form of payment. You also ordered through the business sales department, you received an additional discount on your order which we would not be able to honor in this department. So in this case I am going to cancel the order and you can reorder the item through the business sales department so that you can get the full discount available. If you have any question please let me know."

Comment

Dell customer service sucks big !!! See the post below...

How My 2.5lb PC Became a 5lb Mac

We're leaving for Australia tomorrow. Because of my need to blog (especially when we travel), and our current state of unemployment leaves us without an employer-provided laptop, I set out to purchase one. Not just any laptop. I knew specifically what I wanted: ultra-lightweight (<3 lbs), windows PC, no optical drive, and regular sized screen. These are the ones they make for corporate road warriors, and they travel superbly.

Off to Costco to try to get one cheap. No luck. Best Buy? No. Circuit City? CompUSA? No. And, no.

Not a single retailer carries this type of notebook in stock.

I ordered online from Dell. Easy. I ordered my laptop customized to my specifications. Took about 10 minutes. Perfect. I was loving Dell.

The next day, I received an email thanking me for my order, stating that it was in production, and it would ship via 2 day air on January 15.

But we leave on January 14!

I called Dell. I explained politely that I leave the country on January 14 and that the laptop must come with me. The customer service rep looked up my order and said, "I need to transfer you to medium-to-large business customer service."

Huh?!?

Now look, The Jan and Micki Show is not that popular. I guess this laptop really is only made for the corporate road warrior, and Dell just assumes that everyone who orders one is from a large company. How presumptuous.

After about 15 minutes of re-telling my order number and story to the second service rep, I was informed that the best she could do was change the shipping to overnight.

Since it ships the day after I leave the country, I told her that she might as well ship it via the slow boat to China as I'll get it in February when I return either way. Thus, I won't be paying extra for next day shipping.

Jan, who has been itching to buy a Mac, swooped on the opportunity and took me to the Apple Store in Union Square. Out we walked with a new 5lb MacBook. Neither a PC nor ultra-lightweight. However, in our hands in time to go to Australia, and Jan is happy.

I called Dell to cancel my order. After taking 5 minutes to tell the rep my order number and my story, I was told, "I need to transfer you to medium-to-large business customer service."

Of course.

After taking 5 minutes to tell the second rep my order number and story, I was told, "I can not cancel your order. Only your sales rep can cancel." Then, why did you make me go through the whole story AGAIN?

After taking another 10 minutes to explain that I ordered online and don't have a sales rep, the service rep looked up my order and told me the name of the unknown-to-me-behind-the-scenes-gremlin in sales who processed my online order.

Great. Except that the customer service rep didn't have the sales rep's extension. Is this some Dell conspiracy to make it impossible to cancel an order once placed? No, you can't have the name of your sales rep, and no, your customer service rep can't cancel. When did Dell become an insurance company?

My service rep put me on hold, called his buddy in sales to look up the extension, then transfered me. Good thing I didn't get the customer service rep that hangs out with the janitors. Some good that would have done me.

When transferred to my sales rep I was greeted with, "Hello, how may I help you?"

You mean the 45 previous times I’ve told this story to faceless people at Dell was not enough? I have to go through it AGAIN? Don't you dare ask me for the order number buddy boy.

My sales rep said, "Don't cancel. I'll just rush your laptop to production, and it will ship on January 9. You'll have it on January 10."

Too late. My 2.5lb Dell Latitude is now a 5lb MacBook running MacOS (for Jan) and Windows XP (for Micki).

And, yes, he did cancel my order.

Comment

"Would be a good computer if it weren't for poor customer support"

Dell Inspiron E1705

Pros: Very good specs for the money

Cons: Terrible customer service, TrueLife WUXGA screen hard to see if you are anywhere near sunlight

I have the premium 4 years warrenty and I'm not happy with the support I've gotten so far. I've spent over 10 hours on the phone will dell and have been working on trying to get my issues resolved for a month now.

1st when I received my laptop I was a bit disappointed to find that the hard drive wasn't working right out of the box. It wasn't too big of a deal, after troubleshooing she said I'd get a new hard drive within 3 days.

Then I checked the work order online, they were sending me a 60gig 5400rpm drive when I paid for a 60gig 7200rpm. I called into the parts department to correct this since it hadn't shipped yet. Come to find out that they were out of my part. Rather then telling me, and giving me the option to wait a week until my part came in, they just thought that they would send me a downgrade and hope that I didn't notice. I feel like they tried to rip me off, how many other customers do they do that to? Many wouldn't have even noticed.

When I spoke to warrenty, I had 2 people argue with me that it wasn't a downgrade. The supervisor kept telling me, "It's the same capacity - it's not a downgrade" so I explained to him, it's like having a car, yours seats 6 and so does mine, they have the same capacity. But yours won't go over 54mph on the freeway, and mine does 72mph. Which is better? And if it wasn't a downgrade, then how come I had to pay $110 more to have it upgraded to the 7200rpm drive? So they sent me the wrong one anyway and said I could call back in a week and they would send me the correct part. They couldn't even set up the work order so it would be on backorder for me.

Then when I did call back in to get my correct part sent to me, they set it up and once again I checked the work order, it didn't have as many items installed on it as the previous one they sent me. It seemed to be missing 8 items that should have been preloaded. Again I contacted the warrenty dept because it seemed there was an error. They said it wouldn't be a problem.

I get my 2nd hard drive they've sent me and it takes an hour to recognize it and load everything and what do you know, I got all sorts of missing drivers. and the Direct Media doesn't work either. So again I call into warrenty and the guy tells me to uninstall ALL the drivers, and spend another couple of hours redownloading ALL the drivers from the internet and reinstalling them. So finally I got it mostly working and the come to find out that the ethernet card in it isn't work either.

So I call in to return it,and they tell me that they can do that, minus a %15 restocking fee, or they suggest they can remake me a completely new computer from my specs and send it to me as an exchange. At first I set up the return, but then I thought about it and I called back and agreed to the exchange because I'm sure once I get a good working computer I'll be happy with it. Well I checked half an hour after I got off the phone with the woman, and there is no order entered on my account. I check again the next day and still nothing. So I reply to the e-mail she sent me referencing the case #. I ask why the work order hasn't been entered yet. She set up the exchange on the 27th, and told me I'd receive the new computer in 3 to 5 days. It wasn't even entered until the 2nd and that's because I e-mailed to follow up. She didn't even actually enter the work order.

So today the new computer is still in production and I get an e-mail saying my return is complete. They have received my return and are crediting my account, Except that I didn't return anything, and that lady said she canceled my return.

They have not yet done a single thing correctly for me, and I sure hope that nothing else ever goes wrong with my computer because they are horrible at customer service.

And when I asked for some compensation for how horrible an experience this has been. They lady said she would give me free overnight shipping on the new system they are sending me. It's been a month and still I don't have a properly working system!

I will never buy dell again.

Comment

dell drops the ball again.

so funny thing i been waiting for my comp to come (been almost 4 weeks and its due to arive in 3 days), and now i get an email saying my order has been cancelled. now i gotta phone their ass and give em the old WTF speach. what a big bag of dicks company.
            i cant keep watching interracial gangbang movies on my laptop, i need that **** on my big screen with a faster computer.

/supergay

Comment

Nowadays so many complaints are being launched against DELL especially for their deficiency in service. The facts stated here also points to their deficiency in service. As a renowned company they are supposed to provide amble support to their customers. You can send a complaint to the customer support (DELL) services by registered mail and through mail asking them to give a proper explanation for canceling your order (keep a copy of the same). They cannot simply reject your order on the ground that the computer which you ordered was not with them. If they are not giving you a proper explanation within a reasonable time you may initiate a consumer complaint for deficiency of service. It seems that you may file a suit for breach of contract also.

Comment

Hey,

If you are not having a good customer care why wasting time on talking about it again and again. Try another one...

Comment

Originally posted by Sangeeth10 View Post
                  Hey,

If you are not having a good customer care why wasting time on talking about it again and again. Try another one...
                  Definitely agree with you.
                  FTC Attorney
                  Chicago Patent Lawyer
                  Dietary Supplement Lawyer

Comment

Dell cancelled my laptop three times. Everytime I was told that the problem is fixed and I will be getting my laptop. Each time, it was being cancelled without notifying me. The last time I called, they transferred to a verification department, who never answer the phone. After buying computer from them for all these years, I am turning to lenovo and not going back to dell again.

Comment

Man! I do like Dell computers. But if their customer service is not that good, I might reconsider my next purchase and settle for another maker instead. Perhaps a Toshiba.

Comment

Have you paid any amount to them? If you have paid, have the proof with you and surely you can ask them to order. If amount is not paid, then you can order the product again.

Comment

I was thinking it is only me having problems with Dell. It was my first and last experience with Dell. Last Friday I ordered a laptop and 4 days later I got an email telling that they cancelled my order because of they sold more than they have. Also they changed by themselves my order with another laptop which definitely not I want. I wanted to talk customer support about the issue and I waited 1 hour to reach someone 3 times. Long story short nobody could help me the way I want and I had to cancel my order, still payment is pending on my credit card. I hope I will not have any problem with my credit card. I would never ever recommend anybody Dell, they have horrible customer service and business. People should stop buying their computers. Also I am not done with Dell yet, I will go to court and sue Dell for giving me such a hard time and canceling my order.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            I ordered a digital camera last week from dell small business department but dell cancelled my order today. Does anyone else have this problem?

"Thank you for your online order. Currently your order is on hold because you placed this order business sales division and is intended for personal use. We can place the order under the consumer division. You also selected the Dell Account as your method of payment which is for business accounts only so you would also need to provide us with another method of payment. If you would like to continue with this order please contact me so that we may use a different form of payment. You also ordered through the business sales department, you received an additional discount on your order which we would not be able to honor in this department. So in this case I am going to cancel the order and you can reorder the item through the business sales department so that you can get the full discount available. If you have any question please let me know."

Hey so is it legal for dell to be able to charge me for my order and then cancel my purchase but has yet to refund my money can I call the police or how or what do I do to get my money back or at the least my order,

Comment

That post is 7 years old...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X