Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Leasing Systems fraud case

Does anybody know of this company Northern Leasing Systems?

They are now apparently being sued for fraud and other various causes of action. Would like to join any suit if possible

They sell credit card merchant systems but then overcharge and harass the buyer to such a level that massive suits are being filed I have been told.

Ben

Re: Northern Leasing Systems fraud case

here are my thoughts/ i was also conned into paying to settle a suit:

NORTHERN LEASING SYSTEMS

Comment

In some cases, the businessman has never even heard of Northern Leasing Systems or signed any documents -- his signature had been forged!

After the businessman realizes he's been tricked -- the POS terminals don't work as promised or he finds out that he's overpaid -- if he refuses to pay Northern Leasing Systems anymore, he is personally sued in New York City for the full amount due under the bogus lease as well as attorneys' fees, costs, and interest (all of which are permitted under the bogus contract). Given the high cost of traveling to New York City or hiring a local New York attorney to represent him, the businessman defaults and Northern Leasing Systems wins automatically. In other cases, the businessman settles the case by sending several thousand dollars to Northern Leasing Systems just to get Northern
      Leasing Systems debt collectors to stop calling him (sometimes over 10 times a day). By that time, his credit rating has been damaged.

What Should You Do If You've Been Sued by Northern Leasing Systems?

Don't be intimidated and don't send Northern Leasing Systems or its attorney (typically, Joseph I. Sussman) any money. You should not have to pay for a contract that (a) you never signed; (b) were never given the opportunity to read; or (c) has been altered by the addition of pages you never saw.

Hopefully others will join in and stop this firm!!!!

Comment

We also are wanting to find someone out there that may have a class action suit against the scammers. We have been receiving letters from Northern Leasing for the last two years because my wife's name was forged on an extended contract and we refuse to pay anymore. We live in Fort Worth Texas. When we signed the ORIGINAL contract, it was with a company out of San Diego and transfered immediately to Northern Leasing without consent.
        If anyone has any information, PLEASE let us know.

Comment

Attorneys are representing defendants in lawsuits brought by Northern Leasing Systems. They can be reached via [email protected] I am told.

Comment

We alo have been dealing with those ******I will contact that lawyer. I would love for them to get a dose of their own junk.

Comment

I have just been served with a law suit out of New York from MBF Leasing, another subsidiary of Northern Leasing. If you want some eye opening information about this unsavory organization, check out Rip-off Report.com under MBF Leasing, LLC.

Unfortunately they prey on small, out of state business people who can't afford to challange them.

I am speaking with an attorney this afternoon for his advice, but I will also be contacting Ariel Berschadsky as well. Something definitely should be done about these people and there deceitful business practices.

This company has made my life a living hell for the last year, and I've had it!

Comment

I found this info onthe web. Avoid this company and don't buy their equipment

Who Does Northern Leasing Systems Sell To?

Typically, Northern Leasing Systems sells its lease through sales agents who approach small businessmen who are from other countries and are therefore unfamiliar with American contract law and unable to read the fine (actually, microscopic) print.

How Does Northern Leasing Systems Operate?

Typically, a small businessman is sold an overpriced POS terminal payable in small monthly installments through a financing lease. The salesmen will verbally tell the victim that he can cancel at any time, but he is then rushed into signing documents without being given a chance to read them or even keep a copy. Sometimes, other pages are added to the contract

Comment

http://www.chittur.com/ActiveCases.jsp

On this link is a NY law firm that is trying to file a class action suit, was was turned down, they are now appealing. Also there are other active cases against these crooks. I too am a victim of these crooks. Ms. T, So. CA

Comment

That NY lawyer at [email protected] has been cited above apparently and has been quite helpful to a number of people. E-mail them to discuss as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BetsyB View Post
                      I have just been served with a law suit out of New York from MBF Leasing, another subsidiary of Northern Leasing. If you want some eye opening information about this unsavory organization, check out Rip-off Report.com under MBF Leasing, LLC.

Unfortunately they prey on small, out of state business people who can't afford to challange them.

I am speaking with an attorney this afternoon for his advice, but I will also be contacting Ariel Berschadsky as well. Something definitely should be done about these people and there deceitful business practices.

This company has made my life a living hell for the last year, and I've had it!
                      I live on Long Island in NY. We have just been sued by Northern leasing. Same story as these others. We had a small stationery store. My wife is Korean her English is not great. She was told one thing and signed based on verbal with ATM guy who just happened to have Northern Leasing paperwork with him. Anyway we shpuld all collect depositions from each other. If you walk in to court with a wheelbarrow full of the same stories that is going to speak to deceptive business practices.

Fight Fight Fight !

Comment

contact that info lawyer described above. he has lots of past records it would seem

Comment

I got to your site from a Message Board regarding problems with Northern Leasing Systems. I have not dealt with them since we sold our business in 2002, yet they are still pulling my credit.

Comment

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...you could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior... You may also report them to your state attorney general's office.

Comment

They really are a pure scam. Avoid them if you have not yet signed up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X