USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bait and Switch (I purchased a product at WalMart)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait and Switch (I purchased a product at WalMart)

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum, so if it's not please re-direct me.
    I recently purchased a product at WalMart. The ad advertised the Mixer with a 500 watt motor. I purchased the mixer. In examining the box and the manual, there was no mention of its specifications. Not thinking to check the product itself, I emailed WalMart customer service for the specifications. He respectfully replied with, the mixer has a 300 watt motor. If he had that information, why is the public not privy to that until after purchase?
    I realize that I have the right to return if for a full refund, but the more I thought about it, the more it pissed me off. I could live with a so called "miss print" in the ad but the packaging of the product had nothing what so ever on the box. It didn't even have it listed in the manual. I was not able to make an informed decision when purchasing this product. The store manager said if you read the fine print on the ad, they are not responsible. As far as I am concerned, it seems to me that they intentionally misprinted the ad and delibrately sold an item that they knew was incorrect. According to him, he was going to contact the makers (Durabrand) and have them correct the packaging. Anyway, is there any recourse for this?

re: Bait and Switch (I purchased a product at WalMart)

You may also report them to your state attorney general's office and the AG will act if they feel it was done purposely.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X