HP Pavilion dv9000 (and others) Overheating Damage/ Motherboard Failure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reductase the brightness, that helps and it's really not needed to be so bright.

Comment

• You really should not still have those computers operating today if you do.
      Everything has to be replaced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lester Wise View Post
        Re: HP Pavilion dv9000 (and others) Overheating Damage/ Motherboard Failure

DV-9000 - motherboard burned up. It was under warranty until July and the board went out the first of August...

This is a serious defect in design. I also think that this shows that they have not taken sufficient steps to fix the issue. This was sold to me with a board that they knew was flawed.

They already recalled the product yet the stores continued to sell the labtops.

Why did they not recall the products on the shelf??????
        This issue has been resolved and newer models are not suffering the problem but even in their newer models I see the issue creep up in our repair shop.

Comment

• The phrase “products liability” is used to describe situations in which a person or property is injured or damaged due to a defective product or service. Lapham Law Firm, P.C of Denver, Colorado Best Product Liability attorneys have been helping people just like you all over Colorado deal with challenges following an accident with a defective product. If you're interested just check out https://www.laphamlaw.com/defective-product

Comment

• There are very few of these types of reports still occurring today.
            It seems to be a problem that, though once large, has faded away at this point except in isolated instances.

Comment

• Was this unique to HP? Or did Dell have some of this problem as well?
              My computer seems to run hot quite a bit. Even today and it's only 18 months old.

Comment

• It was HP specific. If you read throughout you will see it was not just overheating but some really severe burnout of the whole system.

Comment

• I think it's a problem once in a while even with current machines given my experience. Maybe not as bad, but still an issue sometimes.

Comment

• Blow the dust out of your vents on the computer, makes a big difference.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X