Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal to not report the car accident?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do have to in NY, I just got into a bunch of hassle for not doing so.

Comment

Calif. You really have nothing to lose by reporting it. That by itself doesn't bring in the insurer does it? or does it?
      Can you report it but still settle between the parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        You do have to in NY, I just got into a bunch of hassle for not doing so.
        A lot of people including my self are unaware of that rule. It seems the insurer and others shod make that more clear or provide some large notice on your policy.
        I would never have known that and didn't until I got in a bit of trouble about it.

Comment

You know what they say...ignorance of the law is no excuse.
          But I agree it is a law that many do not know exists.

Comment

Oh my gosh, I did not know it was required!!

Comment

I think lots of people don't know that.

Comment

It's legal only the case if both parties want to file a case but if they are satisfied with each other and do not want to file a case then it's not considered legal to file the case if both parties are not ready. Get a lawyer who gives the advice on legal terms

Comment

Oh my gosh--nobody would know that that is the law!
                  That is really tricky.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X