USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can the authorities do if I do not have auto insurance in Michigan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What can the authorities do if I do not have auto insurance in Michigan?

Storage policies still cost over a hundred dollars where I live, just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
      As MI is a quasi no fault insurance state, I would call your insurance company and tell them you will be on vacation and wish to suspend your current policy. HOWEVER, if you get caught driving the car and are proof of insurance is requested failure to provide it will result in a driver responsibility fee. The second month of failure to provide, is punishable by license suspension in addition to a higher fee. Failing to keep your policy can result in a higher premium, when you go to reinstate your insurance.
      http://www.michigan.gov/driverrespon...165---,00.html

I had three incidents and they took my license, just FYI. And it will be years before I can try to get it back apparently. So it is not worth it, believe me!!!
      Scrounge up the funds somewhere or don't drive the car.

Comment

Ouch!

Pretty foolish to try to save money that way. Sell the car if you have to!

Comment

Originally posted by olive View Post
          You can also change the policy to cover storage only, and not usage. The cost will be substantially less.
          Absolutely--that dropped my fee from 640 dollars over six months to 85 dollars.

Comment

Is this the same in NY?

I need to drop or reduce my insurance as well. Maybe even sell my car if need be but I can't afford the insurance right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Is this the same in NY?

I need to drop or reduce my insurance as well. Maybe even sell my car if need be but I can't afford the insurance right now.
              If you have a different question about a different state START YOUR OWN THREAD.

Comment

But to answer the question it is just about the same in NY.
                Pay or don't drive - or put the car in temp storage.

Comment

If you are warned multiple times and they find out you can be jailed.
                  I have a friend that learned that the hard way - unfortunately.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X