Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving my sister's car and backed into a telephone pole. Who gets the rate increase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving my sister's car and backed into a telephone pole. Who gets the rate increase?

California
    I was driving my sister's car and backed into a telephone pole.
    We each have our own cars and car insurance.
    But whose rate is going to go up now when we turn this in?

Possibly both. Your sister, for sure, will be surcharged for the accident. You might also be surcharged because your name will appear on a CLUE report as driver. When your renewal comes up or you want to change insurance, the underwriter will run your name through the DMV and CLUE.

CLUE is the Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange that insurance companies subscribe to and report to for auto and homeowners insurance.

Your agent may be able to obtain the report for you in advance of renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post
      Possibly both. Your sister, for sure, will be surcharged for the accident. You might also be surcharged because your name will appear on a CLUE report as driver. When your renewal comes up or you want to change insurance, the underwriter will run your name through the DMV and CLUE.

CLUE is the Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange that insurance companies subscribe to and report to for auto and homeowners insurance.

Your agent may be able to obtain the report for you in advance of renewal.
      Hmm

Thank you!

That's what I was kind of afraid of. Oh well at least I am prepared for it.
      I'll see if somehow I can get out of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)