Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who pays when pizza delivery guy hits your car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who pays when pizza delivery guy hits your car?

MN

Who pays when pizza delivery guy hits your car?

Is it him or the pizza firm's insurance.
    I feel bad for the kid, but he did slide right into me.

The pizza delivery guy is the one who pays because he's the one who caused the accident.

If he's covered by insurance then his insurance company will pay on his behalf.

Your claim is against him.

It's up to him to determine where his coverage is.

Did you ask him?

Comment

But will he pay out of pocket. He seems maybe 17 or so. He was almost crying at the accident (trying hard not to) and he does not look like he has a bunch of cash.
      Will he have to pay the deductible.

I am torn as to just letting go or paying my own 300 dollar ? dollar deductible.
      I hate this situation.

Thank you so much!!

Comment

Again, he is "legally" obligated to pay, in full, for the damage he caused. Whether he "can" pay is another story. That he is 17 delivering pizzas suggests that he won't have the money to pay for it but his parents might have it or be insured.

Pin him down about the insurance. Did you report the accident to the police? His employer?

If you don't want to hassle with this have your own insurance company pay for the repairs. Then your insurance company will seek reimbursement.

Comment

Most of those firms have commercial insurance that covers the driver and car while they are actually working.
          So it wont be skin off of his back except that maybe they do or not know about the accident yet??

It's not that rare for those firms to have accidents. My son worked that type job for half a year.

Comment

They do but they sometimes fire or demote the kids that have an accident.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X