Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you prove if a small item flew out of the back of a pick up truck and hit your windshield?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you prove if a small item flew out of the back of a pick up truck and hit your windshield?

Colorado
    How can you prove if a small item flew out of the back of a pick up truck and hit your windshield?

I took the license number as i got close but now what? How can I prove what I saw happen, or is just my word enough.

I want the guy to pay for the windshield damage, if I can.

Start with your local Motor Vehicle Department office and see if they'll release the owner's information. If they don't (and they have no obligation to do so) you'll have to get the police involved. If the police have no interest in pursuing the matter, or you do find the owner and he tells you to get lost, you buy yourself a windshield (or use your insurance) just like the rest of do when the windshield gets cracked by a flying pebble.

Comment

Its not always easy to do. I sued in small claims and the judge denied that kind of claim saying there was no way I could prove it was that truck in front.
      Notwithstanding my testimony.

It's a good argument for one of those recording dash cams I guess!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)