Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take them to send out payment from the car accident settlement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take them to send out payment from the car accident settlement?

Florida

How long does a attorney have to settle a car accident case and How long does it take them to send out payment from the settlement once they have had a client sign for them to deposite the money into there account for the bodily injury part of the case, as of now it's been over a year .

I wish to inform you that under FL § 627.4265 there is time limit of 20 days for car insurance company to pay amount if parties agree had agreed to a settlement. Under FL § 627.736 there is a settlement period of 30 days in case of personal injury protection claim. As 1 year had elapsed therefore you may first give notice to insurance company for payment of claim and if they fail to clear your amount then you may file a lawsuit seeking compensation.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Tristar 506 View Post
      Florida

How long does a attorney have to settle a car accident case and How long does it take them to send out payment from the settlement once they have had a client sign for them to deposite the money into there account for the bodily injury part of the case, as of now it's been over a year .
      Over a year since the accident or over a year since you signed the settlement agreement and the release of claims?

What was the date that you signed the settlement agreement and the release of claims?

Comment

Hi:
        The settlement.
        The lawyer just keeps coming up with excuses.
        I hope he didn't take my money and run or something,

I signed in October of 2019.

Comment

What are the excuses?

Comment

He usually says the insurers are still going through "required legal processes" but I am starting to get a little concerned and suspicious.

Comment

Can I call the insurer? He says no --it's not legal-- but I want to hear what they say.

Comment

Something is very possibly wrong it seems to me. Call the State Bar and ask them to review and investigate. Inform the lawyer you are doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristar 506 View Post
                  Hi:
                  The settlement.
                  The lawyer just keeps coming up with excuses.
                  I hope he didn't take my money and run or something,

I signed in October of 2019.
                  I would agree with others here but even more strongly say that something seems very not right based on what you say, and you must get an explanation.

If the lawyer will not do it in writing, get the Bar to resolve it and file a complaint formally.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)