Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three car accident in Texas -- Our lawyer has had almost no contact with us

In 2007 my wife and child were in an auto-accident involing two other vehicles. My wife was going to work with my 3 year old daughter in the back seat, when a man driving a large truck pulled out about four car lengths on to the interstate infront of her. The truck stalled and let out a large plume of black smoke. She put on her breaks as she could not see the truck through the smoke. he was right in front of her with another large truck beside her in the fast lane both braking at the same time on a bridge so she was boxed in. Before the vehicle came to a complete stop the truck appeared through the smoke, she turn slightly to the right causing her car to clip the passeger side bumper of the truck and spin the drivers side towared the tailgate. she lost consiousness for only a momment. When she came to she saw another truck coming at the passeger door. This driver was a young man on his way home from college graduation. In the deposition he said he did not try to stop but only slowed down slightly. My wife recieved multipule injuries in the accident, her pelvis was fractured in five places, her right tibia was severly fractured, an air pocket between her lung and heart, cuts scrapes bruses, My daughter was not injured. My wife was non wieghtbearing in both lower extremities and was bed-ridden for months.

In the time inbetween the accident and present day we have seen our lawyer only about five times. We have recieved a small amount of money from our own insurence company "10,000." That doesn't even beguin to cover the costs of medical. We have been through mediation to no avail and the trial is set, but our lawyer has had almost no contact with us to prepare us for this. We've asked what to expect from the trial and have gotten nowhere. What can we do? We have a date locked in oct. this year and are going against USAA!

Re: Three car accident in Texas -- Our lawyer has had almost no contact with us

I wish to inform you that you may contact your lawyer and can discuss the compensation amount. In this regard if your lawyer is not properly representing you then you can self represent yourself or hire another lawyer. You may claim all the losses which have been suffered by our wife because of acts of truck driver.

AFF

Comment

What amount should we ask for? Should we ask for the policy limit "500,000. with 700,000. umbrella". Our lawyer has not explained what our claim is worth or anything else for that matter. All we know is that we have a court date locked in for later this year. It's in a favorable venue and there is more than enough documentation of injuries "My wife was in the hospital for almost a full month". Still our lawyer has not given us any real insight to what he has done or prepared for our trial later this year. We feel very unprepared for a trial at this point!

Comment

Hi,
        I think you should talk to both personal injury attorney and accident attorney. As to be in a better situation as you have been fighting a accident case and in aid to this you also require more amount from insurance company.

Comment

You must consult accident lawyer or personal injury lawyer, most of the attorneys provide free initial consultation.
          We are the Colorado Law Firm having best team of lawyers and providing legal services in accident, personal Injury and many cases. Please visit us for more details.. http://www.pikespeaklaw.com

Comment

Hello,

I am feeling very bad for everything happened with your family. First have a discussion with your lawyer and ask about case status and if he doesn't respond properly then dont hesitate to take advice from any other expert for accident case. You and your family deserve full compensation and if you will ask for that through a expert then i am sure you will receive compensation.

Comment

If you are dissatisfied with your lawyer, contacting another attorney in whom you have confidence would seem appropriate. Your family has a personal injury claim for what could be substantial damages and I would have the case appraised by a seasoned personal injury attorney. Where personal injury claims are on contingency, you should not incur legal fees for the representation and a lawyer who takes the case on such a basis will also believe strongly that he or she can win enough for both of you to make it worth his or her while. States also keep a record of jury awards in different type of cases, so a litigator should be able to give you an estimate of the value of your claim, based upon the facts.

An attorney's first obligations are to vigorously pursue his client's cause and also to keep the client informed. If you feel your lawyer has not done so, or you do not have a good rapport, changing lawyers would seem in order.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Hmmm I want to suggest you to have clear word with your lawyer about your case. If he is not ready to give you exact information and status for your case then don't trust him anymore and change your lawyer before next date. May be he is cheating with you. your wife has been suffered a lot in accident and you deserve compensation, you can file charges against the other accident party. Let me know more about your case so i can help you in better way...

Comment

Please read this article. It will tell you what to look for in a personal injury attorney:

http://nyaccidents.info/how-to-find-a-personal-injury-attorney

Comment

If our lawyer is not co-operating then switch to other lawyer, but before collects all the details regarding to the lawyer, hence there is no possibility of cheating.
                    www.accidentcompensation4u.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X