USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear-ended by an inattentative driver. My car is a total loss.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear-ended by an inattentative driver. My car is a total loss.

One 1/29 I was rear-ended by an inattentative driver. As a result, his insurance rendered my car a total loss. I have "minimal" injury according to my lawyer's doctors...meaning that I am not half-dead.

My delimma is this: my lawyer is a trial lawyer who feels that I should ride this out through the very end. It appears to me, however, that he (along with the doctors he referred me to) is trying to make this a much bigger injury than it actually is.

He is one of those, "if you don't get money, you don't pay" kind of attorney. But, we are in the middle of the case. Two questions come to mind:

1. If I don't like this lawyer's tactics (seeing as how his rendition of my injuries is extremely exaggerated) can I fire him?

2. If I do fire him, are there additional fees that I would need to pay, and could he do something to hurt my claim/case if he is unhappy with my letting him go?

Please advise. I desperately need help. Thank you.

re: Rear-ended by an inattentative driver. My car is a total loss.

Since he has done the work you normally cannot fire him without paying something; unless the State Bar intervenes for fraud etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X