USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Big Mess: I allowed a friend to drive the car, and he crashed it into a tree.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Big Mess: I allowed a friend to drive the car, and he crashed it into a tree.

The car that I drive is registered and insured under my dad's name. He has liability coverage only. I allowed a friend to drive the car, and he crashed it into a tree. One of the passengers says he got hurt, and his parents want to file a lawsuit for $60,000 against me and my parents' insurance. Shouldn't the lawsuit be filed against the driver since it was HIS reckless driving that caused the accident??? Are WE really legally obligated to pay for HIS mistake??? I don't understand that at all!! Please tell me what you think I should do, and what you think will happen. I definitely don't want my parents and I to suffer the consequences of his mistake.

re: A Big Mess: I allowed a friend to drive the car, and he crashed it into a tree.

Get your insurer involved and the insurer of the driver if he has one...the insurers should help you handle it. if they do not or cannot, let us know here

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X