X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership wrecked my car

Missouri

I took my 2008 Honda Odyssey into the dealership for service. When the service technician was pulling out of their lot to test drive, he pulled in front of a car, wrecking my car. The damage wasn't extreme but it did rip of the front quarter panel, peeled back the bumper, tail light, etc. My car is only 18 mo. old. What do i do now because after it's repaired my $30,000 car's resale is much less? If I have any problems later, should they be responsible? Can I expect them to do a trade in for it's pre wrecked value? Can the dealership be held responsible even if their insurance company is paying for repairs, rental car, etc? This is a dealership that prides itself on service, which is why we bought it there. They have been very nice, very apologetic but I really don't want to have a wrecked car.
    I would love any advice you might have.

Re: Dealership wrecked my car

In this you can claim amount of loss suffered by you. Your claim will be based upon the negligence of your car dealer. The basic claim of yours can include repairing your car damage free of cost to you. The person in a car dealership is supposed to be an expert and thereby his act causing damage to the car is the basis of your claim. You can claim value of car that is lost in accident if you had provided the information to dealer of your intention to sell car. This is because you can make liable the dealer for losses which you have informed him and not otherwise.

AFF

Comment

Re: Dealership wrecked my car

Did you have to sign any paperwork when you dropped your car off to be detailed? Normally there are waivers of liability, etc within this form. With any regular car wreck, however, even if it's another driver's fault, they are not liable for the loss of value to the car caused by the wreck.
      http://bidsfromlawyers.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X