Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reimburse hospital after accident settlement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reimburse hospital after accident settlement?

California - Last summer my 15 year old grandson was hit by a truck while crossing the street (in the crosswalk). He was taken by ambulance to the closest hospital which was Kaiser. He has Kaiser medical insurance through my job, although he currently lives with his mother. In October, my daughter received a letter from the driver's insurance company offering $13,000 to settle the case. This would include $9,000 for the medical services and $4,000 for pain and suffering. My daughter signed the papers, and the insurance company sent the check immediately. The money was very quickly used for various un-related bills, Christmas etc.

Yesterday, I received a letter from a medical collection agency explaining that they are representing Kaiser, and that I need to re-imburse the $9,000 to them.

Is this right? I had medical insurance to cover any Kaiser medical bills. Could this be valid, or are they just attempting to scare me into sending them the money?

Re: Reimburse hospital after accident settlement?

As regards insurance contracts, you can claim medical insurance only to the amount of your loss and you cannot make profit out of your insurance contract. Now, the amount of $9,000 was paid to you under settlement for medical services and $4,000 for pain and suffering. Further, the at-fault driver's insurance company has already paid to you the full amount of the medical bill of $9,000 and the medical bill must be settled by you with the hospital as per this arrangement accepted by you. Now you cannot have second time payment from your medical insurance company of same injury.

AFF

Comment

Re: Reimburse hospital after accident settlement?

Need something to cover hospital stays or reimburse for hospital stays?
      I remember in the past companies advertising they would cover or reimburse you for hospital stays for a monthly fee. I ask because I am signing up for health insurance, but hospital stays under the plan states that I must pay $300 per day for room and board.
      Are there any reputable plans out there that will cover such? And how do they work? Thank you.
      SEO PROFESSIONALS
      www.aclickahead.co.uk
      www.seoprofesionals.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X